Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen…
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Who we are
At Marketo, an Adobe company, we are crafting the world's leading engagement platform that empowers marketers to deliver the authentic experiences customers desire at scale. Our team is fueled with a passion for innovation, growth, and a steadfast dedication to making the Marketer successful.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to building exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Are you ready to collaborate with the world's largest technology companies? Do you revel in finding creative ways to solve unique problems while working with engineers all over Adobe? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
Adobe is seeking a Senior Engineering Manager to join our Customer Engineering Team (CET). We're a team of creative problem-solvers with a passion for helping our customers achieve their business goals. As advocates for some of our largest customers, we are in a unique position to both develop our own solutions and assist other component teams in delivering quality features across the platform to support our highest-scale needs.
Work with highly-available data streams, RESTful APIs and both internal and external interfaces that support and empower our users. Learn to anticipate our customer's needs through a suite of powerful monitoring tools and the support of your peers. Participate in cross-cutting platform investigations and find ways to unlock new levels of performance.
This customer-facing role will include collaborating with engineering teams throughout Adobe, participating in incident investigations and coverage rotation, writing excellent code, and 5% travel. This position is a hybrid role - requiring approximately 50% of work time in the office. The core team is in Portland, OR, while distributed team members are in New York, NY, and San Jose, CA.
What you'll do
- Be creative, technical, and social as you help build new solutions alongside some of our biggest customers
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, product, program management, and solution engineers
- Drive projects to improve product architecture, robustness, and performance
- Hire, lead, and retain top talent
- Contribute to the development of engineering standard methodologies
- Run Agile Scrum teams through Jira with task scoring
- Foster a positive team culture that empowers engineers to do their best work
What you have
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field preferred.
- 6+ years leading product development teams
- 6+ years of hands-on development experience
- Experience developing data-intensive applications where performance matters
- Experience with marketing, sales, or analytics software
- Understanding of database theory and internals
- Development experience with Spring's framework
- Understanding of distributed systems theory and concurrency concepts
- Experience developing a distributed application using an eventually consistent data store (CAP Theorem)
- Experience with public cloud deployment
- Knowledge of React, Scala, Typescript, and other modern languages
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets, and we pay differently based on those defined markets. The U.S. pay range for this position is $133,300 -- $268,500 annually. Pay within this range varies by work location and may also depend on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for the job location during the hiring process.
At Adobe, for sales roles starting salaries are expressed as total target compensation (TTC = base + commission), and short-term incentives are in the form of sales commission plans. Non-sales roles starting salaries are expressed as base salary and short-term incentives are in the form of the Annual Incentive Plan (AIP).
In addition, certain roles may be eligible for long-term incentives in the form of a new hire equity award