AECOM is seeking a PROGRAM ENGINEERING MANAGER to serve as technical coordinator for engineering and design projects under a strategic underground program in California. This program is to support wildfire hardening by moving above ground distribution level electricity system to underground…
This position will primarily support the SDG&E undergrounding program, an exciting and best-in-class program management opportunity utilizing innovative technical methods and collaborative partnerships to reduce wildfire risk to communities. The program is a multi-year, multi-billion dollar program with significant opportunity for growth and impact
The successful candidate should be a collaborative leader focused on driving technical team success with an excellent understanding of medium voltage underground utility distribution permitting, design and construction A thorough understanding of relevant California codes, standards, jurisdictional agencies and regulatory oversite.
The responsibilities of this role also include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Performs various management, leadership, people accountability and quality responsibilities for the program technical team including subcontractor deliverables
- Responsible for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating technical assignments
- Multi-discipline knowledge of engineering and construction; importantly; underground electrical distribution systems and associated civil and electrical engineering work packages
- Ability to define scope and selection, research, specify, and recommend equipment to reduce time and costs for designing and constructing underground electricity distribution systems
- Manages program technical team delivery including remote and subcontract staff
- Facilitates design reviews with internal and external clients
- Provides technical expertise for studies and design efforts
- Presents complex technical solutions to clients
- Performs quality control reviews of work developed by others
- Provides estimates for the engineering task, budget and schedule
- Applies strong knowledge of utility standards, guides, specifications, and procedures specific to working in California such as G.O.128 and G.O.95
- Ensure that the technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of design work
DCS—ENERGY AECOM’s Energy practice provides a wide range of services from consulting and engineering design to energy engineering, energy procurement and construction (EPC) for power, energy efficiency, and renewable energy clients. Our understanding of the big picture – and the interconnection between generation, distribution, storage, and the demand side of the meter – allows us to deliver holistic strategies that improve and modernize next generation energy infrastructure. We connect knowledge and experience across our global framework to bring together a unique combination of engineers, planners, scientists, and project managers who advance cleaner, secure, and more sustainable energy solutions.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- 8 years of relevant experience, including medium voltage underground utility distribution design and construction
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex program/project technical teams
- Demonstrated experience with California utilities
- Valid driver's license w/ a clean driving record
- Professional Engineer (PE) preferred
- Experience in client facing role managing multiple disciplines
- Deep knowledge of utility practices, industry codes and standards (NEC, NESC, IEEE, etc.).
- Able to lead engineering tasks with strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience on full EPC, Design/Build projects from start to finish.
- Field construction and commissioning experience
- Consulting experience preferred
- Experience on large, multi-discipline projects and programs
- Proficiency in engineering analysis and modeling software
- Fluency with Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Sponsorship is available for this role
- As a condition of employment, candidates must pass a drug screening.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started