Wherever drivers go, were leading the way. Ageros mission is to rethink the vehicle ownership experience through a powerful combination of passionate people and data-driven technology, strengthening our clients relationships with their customers. As the #1 B2B, white-label provider of digital driver assistance services, were pushing the industry in a new direction, taking manual… processes, and redefining them as digital, transparent, and connected. This includes: an industry-leading dispatch management platform powered by Swoop; comprehensive accident management services; knowledgeable consumer affairs and connected vehicle capabilities; and a growing marketplace of services, discounts and support enabled by a robust partner ecosystem. The company has over 150 million vehicle coverage points in partnership with leading automobile manufacturers, insurance carriers and many others. Managing one of the largest national networks of service providers, Agero responds to approximately 12 million service events annually. Agero, a member company of The Cross Country Group, is headquartered in Medford, Mass., with operations throughout North America. To learn more, visit www.agero.com.
About the Role
We are searching for an exceptional engineering leader to help scale our engineering team and technology. Qualified candidates will be equally comfortable with technical leadership, people management, recruiting top talent, and hands-on development work. Our teams work on a variety of technically challenging problems in platform and API design, mobile and web application development, and much more. We are a highly automated team using continuous integration with model, integration, and system tests to build a high-quality product while maintaining a high velocity.
- Lead a new squad optimizing the algorithms used to deliver repair and roadside assistance to our end users
- Grow and mentor a strong, high-performing engineering team, 6-8 direct reports.
- Collaborate with design and product teams regarding strategy, scope, and schedule.
- Drive standards on quality, reliability, scalability, and performance.
- Help create infrastructure and processes to support rapid organizational growth.
- Foster and support a culture of innovation and excellence within the engineering organization.
Skills and Experience
- Proven success in delivering highly reliable and scalable software systems.
- You enjoy working at small companies and building teams from the ground up
- 7+ years of experience building software
- Deep understanding of API design and best practices
- Rails experience a big plus
- Optimize developer productivity by continuously seeking efficiencies in our processes.
- United States: AZ, FL, NC, IL, KY, MA, MI, NM, TN, and VA
- Canada: Province of Ontario
The base salary range presented represents the anticipated low and high end salary range for new hires in this position. Actual salaries may vary and may be above or below the range presented based on various factors, including, but not limited to, work location, experience, job related skills, and relevant training and education. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package provided by Agero to employees.
California pay range
D, E & I Mission & Culture at Agero:
We are all Change Drivers at Agero. Each day, we speak to thousands of drivers and tow professionals across one of the most diverse countries in the world. Our mission to safeguard drivers on the road, strengthen our clients relationships with their drivers, and support the communities we live and work in unites us together as one force driving positive change.
The road to positive change starts inside Agero. In celebrating each others differences, we lift each other up and create space for innovation and community. Bringing our whole selves to work powers our commitment, drive, agility, and courage - ensuring we are not only changing the landscape of the driver services industry, we also are making a difference in the lives of our customers with each call, chat, and rescue.
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE STATEMENT OF JOB CONTENT, RATHER TO ACT AS A GUIDE TO THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED. MANAGEMENT RETAINS THE DISCRETION TO ADD TO OR CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THE POSITION AT ANY TIME.
**Disclaimer: Agero is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodation is available. Additionally, we offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities in our recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com