Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency… technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, including Akuna’s CEO Andrew Killion, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Boston.
What you’ll do as a Python Developer leading the Middle Office team at Akuna:
Akuna Capital is looking for a hands-on developer to join our growing development team and enhance our global middle office and post-trade systems. The middle office team designs and operates the global systems and processes that reconcile the firm’s trading with our various counterparties. We trade across multiple asset classes and geographies, and due to the scale and complexity of our environment we rely heavily on automation. The ideal candidate will lead a small development team that works closely with our trading and quant research teams, and builds tools and automated data flows that drive trader insights and ensures the smooth running of our global trading operations. In this role, you will:
- Architect, design and implement enhancements for our global middle office and post-trade systems, predominately using Python.
- Lead a small team focused on building software using Agile methodologies and modern software best practices.
- Extract, analyze, reconcile and report on data from multiple internal and external systems.
- Be hands-on in writing clean and maintainable code and building large distributed systems.
- Collaborate with multiple teams to understand the business problems, changing priorities and devise technical solutions.
- Grow, coach and mentor junior developers on the team.
Qualities that make great candidates:
- 3+ years working with Python in a professional production environment
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL
- Highly collaborative in nature, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team lead experience is ideal, but not required
- Familiarity with the trading domain and finance is strongly preferred, but not required
- Proven ability to communicate with less technical users to understand requirements and design and implement appropriate solutions
- Experience with web development using React/Redux is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent