At Alcon, we are driven by the meaningful work we do to help people see brilliantly. We innovate boldly, champion progress, and act with speed as the global leader in eye care. Here, you'll be recognized for your commitment and contributions and see your career like never before. Together, we go above and beyond to make an impact in the lives of our patients and customers.
We foster an inclusive… culture and are looking for diverse, talented people to join Alcon. As a Sr. Software Engineer C# you will be responsible for the development and documentation of complex software applications embedded in state-of-art ophthalmic surgical medical devices. You will participate in all phases of the software lifecycle, including concept development, requirements, design, implementation, and testing. In this position, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the eye.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO ALCON:
- Associates degree or equivalent years of directly related experience.
- The ability to fluently read, write, understand, and communicate in English
- 2 years of Relevant Experience
- BS Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Hands-on Windows development experience.
- Experience with C# & .NET
- Graphical User Interface development and customization using Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF/XAML), Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) pattern
- Experience with C++ and Microsoft technology stacks.
- Development of medical device software in an FDA regulated environment.
- Experience with multi-threading and interprocess communication.
- Software Architecture and Object Oriented Software Design Patterns.
- Experience using Git
- Proven ability to independently research technical issues and generate creative/innovative solutions.
- Familiarity with hardware design constraints as applied to software interfaces.
- Communication experience using TCP/IP
- Strong working knowledge of advanced design principles that facilitate maintainability, reuse, and clarity of design.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required.
HOW YOU CAN THRIVE AT ALCON:
- Benefit from a growing, innovative environment.
- Sharpen your current skills and gain exposure within different areas of the business.
- Focused and strategic growth and development opportunities.
- Join Alcon's mission to provide outstanding, innovative products and solutions to improve sight and improve lives!
- Work hours: Hybrid
- Travel Requirements: None
- Relocation assistance: No
- Sponsorship available: Yes
Alcon's Total Rewards programs are designed to align to incentives with business goals, encourage the right values and behaviors, and deliver long-term value. The first layer of our rewards program is compensation. We offer a combination of fixed pay and variable pay, which includes short-term incentives, and long-term incentives for eligible population. Our benefits program provides security for life events through life and disability insurance, supports savings for retirement, promotes good health and well-being and supports associates and their families during times of illness. To learn more about Alcon's Corporate Social Responsibility including our Total Rewards, click here
$98,720.00 - $148,080.00
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information