You Lead the Way. We've Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities, and each other. Here, you'll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that's unique and meaningful… to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you'll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact-every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company's success. Together, we'll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world's best customer experience every day. And we'll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Together, we'll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to our customers, communities, and each other every day. And we'll do it with integrity and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they truly belong.
As part of our diverse tech team, you can architect, code and ship software that makes us an essential part of our customers' digital lives. Here, you can work alongside talented engineers in an open, supportive, inclusive environment where your voice is valued, and you make your own decisions on what tech to use to solve challenging problems. American Express offers a range of opportunities to work with the latest technologies and encourages you to back the broader engineering community through open source. And because we understand the importance of keeping your skills fresh and relevant, we give you dedicated time to invest in your professional development. Find your place in technology of #TeamAmex.
Focus: Designs, develops, solves problems, debugs, evaluates, modifies, deploys, and documents software and systems that meet the needs of customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications.
Organizational Context: Member of a product engineering or delivery and integration team reporting to a Senior Engineer, Engineering Director, or Director Product Delivery and Integration.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Beginner level ability in software development, such coding assignments
- Function as member of an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Participate in code reviews and automated testing
- Debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Enable the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
- Automate deployments in test or production environments
- Automatically scale applications based on demand projections
American Express is looking for energetic, high-performing software engineers to help shape our technology and product roadmap. You will be part of the fast-paced, entrepreneurial team that enables batch/ real-time analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies (Hadoop/BIG DATA, Data Science - R, Python, Scala, Perl , UNIX , Shell Scripting) to deliver innovative solutions across multiple lines of businesses. Good experience in data programming and applications systems design and architecture is required.
- Develops and tests software, including ongoing refactoring of code and drives continuous improvement in code structure and quality
- Primary focus is spent writing code, API specs, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints or doing proof of concepts/automation tools
- Applies visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts
- Functions as a core member of an Agile team driving User story analysis and elaboration, design, and development of software applications, testing and builds automation tools
- Works on a specific platform/product or as part of a dynamic resource pool assigned to projects based on demand and business priority
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Embodies ìrebel with a causeî mentality by looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Support the Compliance and Operations Risk big data delivery team in India to lead and assist in the design and actual development of applications.
- Responsible for specific functional areas within the team, this involves project management and taking business specifications.
- The individual should be able to independently run projects/tasks delegated to him.
- Responsible for analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of system applications.
- Develop and maintain project related documentation,
- Provide system support and user support/training/communication for implemented applications.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or Computer Science or equivalent OR master's in computer applications or equivalent
- 2 to 5 years of experience is required
- Expert on Big Data (Spark Core and Hive is must)
- Expert on Core Java
- Expert on Hadoop Architecture having knowledge on Hadoop, Map Reduce, Hbase.
- Experience in UNIX shell scripting is good to have
- Provides advanced knowledge of technical and functional principles.
- Effectively leverages General knowledge of the relationships that exist between all relevant functional groups within American Express.
- Should have experience in analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of system applications
- Demonstrated ability to develop and document technical and functional specifications and analyze software and system processing flows.
- Creative problem solving (Innovative)
- Excellent technical and analytical aptitude
- Self-starter with a curiosity and appetite for new technology,
- Teamwork and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven
- Willingness to understand the business and participate in discussions around project requirements
Salary Range: $85,000.00 to $120,000.00 annually + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the "Know Your Rights" poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions