Ankura is a team of excellence founded on innovation and growth.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY…
We are looking for someone to join our team as a Ruby on Rails developer. This is a remote position open to anyone based in the United States.
We work in a casual and supportive environment but expect excellence from our team. The work is fast paced and adaptive to the needs of our clients. In this role, you will be a member of a team that develops and maintains new and existing applications. We score 9 or 10 on the Joel Test…
- Do you use source control? - Yes
- Can you make a build in one step? - Yes
- Do you make daily builds? - Yes
- Do you have a bug database? - Yes
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code? - Yes
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule? - No
- Do you have a spec? - Yes
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions? - Depends on your home environment
- Do you use the best tools money can buy? - Yes
- Do you have testers? - Yes
- Do new candidates write code during their interview? - Yes
- Do you do hallway usability testing? - No
We're looking for someone who enjoys crafting robust software solutions, learning new technologies and techniques, and solving challenging problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Product Owners and clients as part of the Software Development team to develop, maintain and improve cloud-based web applications
- Participate in the entire software development life cycle, designing, developing, configuring, and testing applications
- At least two years of Ruby/Rails application development experience
�� Knowledge of relational databases and experience crafting SQL queries
- Experience with CI/CD and/or unit testing is also a plus
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), mathematical, and organizational skills
- Hard-working, self-motivated, creative and collaborative
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Ankura is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters, if you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening, submit an online application, or participate in an interview/assessment, please email email@example.com or call toll-free +1.312-583-2122. This email and phone number are created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues unrelated to a disability, will not receive a response