Posted: Mar 13, 2023
Weekly Hours: 40…
Apple’s Cloud Technologies group builds tools, services, and platforms enabling Apple engineers to deliver impact for the business at scale. We reduce cost, cognitive load, and time to market by providing simplified experiences over sophisticated platforms.
As our user base scales, it’s paramount for us to see opportunities to scale our tools and offerings for them, like building a new CI or Observability platform to ensure velocity, quality, and resilience remain high. You will be a direct link between Cloud Technologies and the engineers who rely upon us to do their jobs every day, so a focus on technical details with a product mindset are critical.
We are looking for a best-in-class leader who can move between engineering lead and cross-functional seer who can build from scratch, iterate on existing platforms, and bring together customers teams to drive strategy, roadmaps, and ultimately, adoption.
- You’ve spent years building, growing, and leading high-performing engineering teams in the SaaS, platform, or tooling domains
- You’re comfortable navigating complex problem spaces, providing your team with clear vision
- Your track record of delivering impressive tools, services, and platforms from scratch
- A deep knowledge of public cloud platforms like AWS or GCP, backend services, and the UI/CLI/SDKs customers use to interact with your tools
- Own Cloud Technologies's CI/CD and API domains
- Define and drive the roadmap, work across the organization and across functions to deliver quality customer experiences
- Partner on projects that improve velocity, observability, efficiency and scale for engineer customers
- Build platforms for CI, Environments as a Service, and other domains that will enable Apple engineers
- Cultivate relationships with engineering leadership across Apple to see around corners, ensure alignment and delivery of the best in class services.
- Develop tools, services and standard methodologies that can be used by the majority of our engineering customer base
- Present architecture and roadmaps in executive-level review meetings and discuss ongoing efforts to improve further system utilization, customer experience, and cost controls.
- Help find opportunities and improve the processes and culture of the engineering organization across Apple
- Identify staffing needs, recruit for, and mentor the new and existing engineers
Education & Experience
Education & Experience
Bachelor or equivalent industry experience
Pay & Benefits
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $132,500 and $260,600, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program