Applied Systems, Inc., a worldwide leader in insurance technology, is currently searching for a talented and passionate Full Stack Python Developer to join our IVANS Realtime team creating innovative web applications and web services for the insurance industry. Operating in an Agile environment, you will work with teams that design and maintain software utilizing Python, .NET, and… React. As well as build and scale backend services. You will be responsible for developing and iterating a marketing solution that integrates with multiple Applied Systems products.
What You’ll Do
- Work with team to design and implement software utilizing Object Oriented principles, design patterns, and testing practices
- Design user-based interactions through effective front-end architecture
- Design and implement RESTful services and APIs
- Review code written by peers, focusing on readability and efficiency
- Participate in weekly stand-ups in an Agile environment with both local and remote employees
- Integrate with 3 rd party APIs (both REST and SOAP)
- Ensure the entire stack is designed and built for security, speed, and scalability
What You’ll Need To Succeed
We’re looking for someone who:
- Can work remotely or from an Applied Systems office
Your experience should include some or all of the following:
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools
- Highly experienced with python backend web frameworks like Django, Flask, and FastAPI.
- Proficiency with microservice architecture, event-driven programming, and async design
Additionally, You May Have
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies, Kanban a plus
- Git and continuous integration best practices
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection
- Experience with Elastic Search
- Strong understanding of Azure and GCP
What You’ll Gain
Benefits from Day One
- Health insurance plans, dental, and vision
- Wellness incentives
- 401(k) and/or RRSP retirement savings plans with employer match
- Competitive paid vacation time and a free day for your birthday
- Personal/sick time
- Paid holidays
- Flex Time
- Paid parental leave (U.S. candidates)
- Volunteer time off
Empowering Career Growth and Success – We invest in talent, care about our people and are empowered by the results of our work. We grow our teams from within and give our employees opportunities to advance.
What We Value
We strive for excellence at every turn to be the best at what we do. We invest in talent, care about our people and are empowered by the results of our work. We fulfil the promise of insurance – safeguarding and protecting what matters most in people’s lives. And there is no more important job than that.
Our focus on the workforce, workplace and marketplace gives us a qualified individual in an environment in which they can be productive while we maintain our position in the industry. To help drive that change toward a vibrant, modern workplace, we have employee-driven networks with commonalities in ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and military status.
WHO WE ARE
For more than 35 years, Applied Systems has created innovative technology for the global insurance industry. Today, we are a rapidly growing software leader that is revolutionizing the way agencies and brokerages succeed.
We are smart and curious people in a tech-first environment that champions bold and powerful thinking. We are transforming a complex industry through digitization, automation, and innovative new partnerships. Together we are driving the industry fearlessly forward.
It’s an exciting time at Applied. You can do big things here, in an environment that supports creative thinking and bold ideas. Visit http://www.AppliedSystems.com for more information on how you can challenge what’s possible.
Applied Systems is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Diversity and Inclusion is a business imperative and is a part of building our brand and reputation. At Applied, we don’t discriminate, and we are committed to recruit, develop, retain, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law