Applied Systems, Inc., a worldwide leader in insurance technology, is currently searching for talented Software Developer (C# .NET) to join our team. We deliver software applications that revolutionize the global business of insurance. They will be responsible for delivering on our commitments to our customers and our industry through maintaining and developing innovative… software solutions.
We primarily develop using Microsoft technologies, including C# .NET and SQL. Candidates with experience in SQL Programming, VB.Net, C#, ASP.Net, .NET should anticipate facing less of a learning curve. However, we are very interested in finding the right team members and believe strongly that talented developers can bridge language or database gaps quickly.
What You'll Do
- Being accountable to your team members and the organization to deliver high quality technical solutions to provide business value
- Journey with your team on continual improvement through iterative software development cycles
- Develop advanced coding techniques that improve the quality of software written
- Collaborate with team members to self-manage business value-based solutions from concept to market
- Solicit customer feedback and improvements through participation in Sprint Reviews
What You’ll Need to Succeed
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has the ability to work 100% remotely, or from an Applied Systems office
Your experience should include some or all of the following:
- 1-2 years’ professional experience in software development with the Microsoft technologies
- Experience with C#, .NET, ASP. NET, MVC, .NET CORE
- Ability to work with REST API, SOAP, and XML services
- Version Control: Git and Gitlab
- Experience with SQL database programming
- Excellent problem-solving skills; driven; strong logical reasoning and solution oriented
- Genuine passion for programming
- Ability to work with others in a team-oriented environment
- Exposure to cloud platforms is a plus
- Experience or training with Agile Scrum methodology is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or CIS, or equivalent work experience
- We proudly support and encourage people with military experience, as well as military spouses, to apply
What You’ll Gain
Benefits from Day One
- Health insurance plans, dental, and vision
- Wellness incentives
- 401(k) and/or RRSP retirement savings plans with employer match
- Competitive paid vacation time and a free day for your birthday
- Personal/sick time
- Paid holidays
- Flex Time
- Paid parental leave (U.S. candidates)
- Volunteer time off
Empowering Career Growth and Success – We invest in talent, care about our people and are empowered by the results of our work. We grow our teams from within and give our employees opportunities to advance.
What We Value
We strive for excellence at every turn to be the best at what we do. We invest in talent, care about our people and are empowered by the results of our work. We fulfil the promise of insurance – safeguarding and protecting what matters most in people’s lives. And there is no more important job than that.
Our focus on the workforce, workplace and marketplace gives us a qualified individual in an environment in which they can be productive while we maintain our position in the industry. To help drive that change toward a vibrant, modern workplace, we have employee-driven networks with commonalities in ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation and military status.
Who We Are
For more than 35 years, Applied Systems has created innovative technology for the global insurance industry. Today, we are a rapidly growing software leader that is revolutionizing the way agencies and brokerages succeed.
We are smart and curious people in a tech-first environment that champions bold and powerful thinking. We are transforming a complex industry through digitization, automation, and innovative new partnerships. Together we are driving the industry fearlessly forward.
It’s an exciting time at Applied. You can do big things here, in an environment that supports creative thinking and bold ideas. Visit http://www.AppliedSystems.com for more information on how you can challenge what’s possible.
Applied Systems is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Diversity and Inclusion is a business imperative and is a part of building our brand and reputation. At Applied, we don’t discriminate, and we are committed to recruit, develop, retain, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.