Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace for companies looking to engage the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Build rewarding… relationships in the world’s work marketplace and take your independent career to the next level.
From contract to payment, we help you work safely and get paid securely. With over 60,000 jobs posted weekly, the opportunities are endless. We serve everyone from one-person startups to 30% of the Fortune 100. Find the right opportunities and a home for your freelance business on the world's work marketplace.
- Work with a team of developers, designers, and technical leads to implement scalable solutions
- Code individually and collaboratively to solve problems as they arise
- Build integration tests and improve product reliability through troubleshooting
- Develop new features and improve existing functionality through usable tools and smoother workflows
- Remotely attend meetings with other key developers and stakeholders
- Must be over the age of 18 with an internet connection
- Experience is not required but is preferred
- Experience building applications in Java/TypeScript
- Experience in project management
- At least three years of experience working with software and systems
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
U.S. law restricts Upwork from conducting business with individuals or entities located or traveling in restricted areas:
- North Korea
- Crimea region of Ukraine
- Individual nationals of Cuba
- Any other country or region restricted by law (this changes occasionally)
In compliance with U.S. law, Upwork does not conduct business with individuals and entities on a list called the Specially Designated Nationals ("SDN") list.
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All users of Upwork are equally required to comply with all laws in their use of the Site, including anti-discrimination and anti-harassment laws