Top FinTech firm that brings a unique blend of business, quantitative, and technology skills to the finance industry to reduce risks to major derivative market participants is looking to hire a junior to mid-level python developer to the team as part of their next stage of growth.
What you’ll do…
- Work both individually and as part of a larger team to deliver high quality software solutions
- Build APIs for scenario generation calling into quant libraries
- Building unit tests and promoting continuous improvement throughout every stage of development
- Ongoing evaluation and improvement of component effectiveness
- Validation of client data
- Automation of processes where necessary and appropriate
- Generation of formatted reports and files to be sent to clients and 3rd party APIs
Past hires have come both from within the investment banking sector and FinTech firms that deal with vasts amount of data.
What we're looking for:
- A Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science or similar
- 2-5 years professional experience as a Python Developer, working on data intensive numerical applications (E.g. using Numpy, Pandas)
- Experience with the all stages of the software development lifecycle from product design, technical design, coding, testing, documentation, release into production and ongoing maintenance
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Understanding of financial derivatives including the role of clearing houses, differences between OTC & listed derivatives, margin, capital
This is a full-time position based in New York City, with some remote working possible on a hybrid basis