- Hourly pay: $65-$75/hr
- Worksite: Leading biotechnology company (South San Francisco, CA 94080, Open to remote for candidates in PST)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Retirement Savings Program
- 40 hours/week, 9 Month Assignment
- Assess user needs and requirements.
- Design and develop applications that may involve sophisticated data science.
- Maintain and update existing programs.
- Troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
- Create programs to meet reporting and data analysis needs.
- Design and implement user and operations training programs.
- Document changes in software for end users.
- Practice software development methodologies.
- Serve as a technical resource with respect to applications.
- Manage Python, ReactJS and SQL, and No-SQL databases using modern best practices.
- Bioteach and/or chemistry background required, must have relevant industry work experience and/or studies.
- Working knowledge of git and UNIX experience.
- Current knowledge of the latest software and design standards.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for technical applications.
- Knowledge of and ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Ability to recognize and recommend needed changes in user and/or operations procedures.
- Background in bioinformatics, genomics or other computational sciences is highly desirable.
- Demonstrates the ability to work well with users and globally distributed development teams.
Compensation: From $65.00 to $75.00 per hour