- 5+ years working in a production Unity environment
- Organizing code into logical components…
- Writing shaders, rendering pipelines, and animation states
- Debugging and profiling code for CPU/GPU performance
- Creating data structures, algorithms, OOP, and design patterns
- Building procedural geometry and materials
- Passion for mixed reality
BadVR is the world's first immersive data visualization and analytics platform. BadVR brings data into high-definition, making it easier to discover and identify hidden problems and opportunities, helping businesses make better decisions, faster. Based in Manhattan Beach CA, the rapidly-growing tech startup has attracted industry attention with its pioneering AR and VR demos, allowing people to - quite literally - 'step inside their data.’
Our product is already empowering users across America through our work with Magic Leap, UNDP, National Science Foundation, and more. But--we are just getting started! If you have the passion, ambition and collaborative spirit to create a future where data is universally accessible to all and meaningfully easy, come work with us!
COVID-19 Update: BadVR is based in Manhattan Beach, CA, but we have transitioned to a fully remote workplace model during this time. This is a fully remote, work-from-home position with the expectation of Pacific Standard Time (PST) time zone M-F, 10AM-6PM availability.
Your Role At BadVR:
We are hiring a full-time, remote Senior C# Developer with experience in building AR/VR/XR applications and components. The ideal candidate has a passion for immersive tech and a talent for solving complex engineering challenges. They will be jumping into a high-energy, fast-paced startup environment surrounded by industry leaders.You will be encouraged to think outside the box, be curious, think freely, and be infinitely creative in this position!
You will be expected to solve tough technical challenges in a high energy, rapid paced, startup environment, working alongside experienced industry leaders and with a highly collaborative team. You will design, implement, test and deploy new VR and AR applications, as well as help maintain and continue building our existing product.
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and design patterns.
- Strong problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Curious and self-directed with a strong attention to details and a user-centric approach
- Experience with 3D programming and building apps in the Unity engine
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and handle multiple tasks at once
- A beautiful and impressive portfolio of work demonstrating your skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate and work remotely, with geographically disparate and culturally diverse teams
- Plan and build AR/VR components and demos
- Write well-documented code that follows best practices
- Test and validate on multiple devices
- Work in an Agile team, present work often for review
- Experience developing on Oculus VR platforms
- Freelance / contracting experience
- Experience shipping enterprise VR / AR applications
- Experience debugging across a variety of hardware platforms
- Computer science or related degree
BadVR is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
Those with previous experience with AR/VR technology or a passion for it are greatly encouraged to apply!
MANDATORY: When submitting your resume, please share a link to your portfolio and / or Github.
Pay: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year, DOE
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Life / LTD / AD&D insurance
- Equity packages
- BadVR, Inc. focuses on Big Data, Data Visualization, Big Data Analytics, and Virtual Reality. Their company has offices in Los Angeles and Remote. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, BadVR, Inc. has raised $350k of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2019.
You can view their website at http://www.badvr.com or find them on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Product Hunt