Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely
BAE Systems is seeking a Program Engineering Manager (PEM) to support the Space Systems product line, in the Secure Communications product area. Known as an industry leader in space electronics, Space Systems products can be found on almost all commercial, civil, and national security space missions. For the Secure Communications product area, Space Systems also develops and supports advanced laser communication terminals, for both airborne and spacecraft missions, across several platforms. These products apply state-of-the-art advances in electro-optical/laser technology to realize the most highly precise and accurate communications payloads in the industry; and provide capability to customers for secure, high-bandwidth communication.
As part of the BAE Systems team, in this role you'll be working on the next generation and application of our airborne communications technology. This will involve learning and understanding the system, mission, platform, and customer needs; solving challenging problems and leading creative engineers; and delivering complex advanced products.
You'll enjoy flexibility of your work schedule, and work in a diverse and inclusive environment. The program will encompass all aspects of product delivery, from design and analysis, through integration, test, delivery, and maintenance. You'll have the opportunity to learn and grow, all as part of an exciting and engaging career.
You'll be an integral part of the team allowing BAE Systems and Space Systems to create capability that supports the overall mission: "We protect those who protect us."
As a PEM, the selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Technical leadership and ownership of a project or group of projects working with the program manager and customer, and leading the entire engineering team
- Monitoring the project to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined, maintained, and met
- Defining, generating, and reviewing project requirements and documentation
- Performing or guiding technical studies to refine project requirements
- Providing the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and the program team for staffing needs
- Ensuring all necessary process items are followed and completed, and all reviews and approvals are received
- Cost account management, interfacing with the engineering team, program management, and finance
- Coordinating the program engineering work with other stakeholder groups, including operations, quality, contracts, and finance personnel
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Engineering, or Math
- Current Secret level or higher security clearance
- 10 years of engineering development or production experience
- Experience with project planning and execution with a focus on scope control, scheduling, and cost tracking
- Understanding of communication or other related payload systems from an architecture, integration, test, and delivery standpoint
- Understanding of electronics, electro-optical, and/or optical systems design, including components, and higher level assemblies
- Experience leading cross functional/organizational teams and team building
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Knowledge of space, airborne, or ground acquisition types and programs in the DoD, GEOINT, SIGINT, or Communications domains
- Understanding of parts procurement and integration to meet system requirements and deliver product
- Understanding of contract types and execution based on the contract type
- Ability to independently plan and execute work tasks in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of EVMS, program scheduling, task codes, program metrics, and staffing determination
- Understanding of engineering processes and procedures across all disciplines
- MS in Science, Engineering, or Math
- Current TS/SCI with active Poly
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong