We are looking for a solid Developer with either Ruby or Python skills. Both would be fantastic…
This position is a Senior role, but we will look at any level with these skills and the clearance.
We will train the right person Ruby, so this is a great opportunity.
Sign on bonus available for this job!
B.S., M.S., or equivalent certification in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or highly quantitative field
- 5-10 years of experience designing, developing, and deploying advanced analytics and data science approaches and applications to advance customer technical requirements
- Proficiency in one or more high level programming languages (e.g., Python, R, Julia)
- Experience in data mining, statistical modeling, and advanced analytics techniques
- Knowledge of applied machine learning, to include natural language processing
- Familiarity with mathematical optimization and Operations Research
- Prior experience supporting defense or intelligence community requirements
- Knowledge of current trends and technologies related to Open Source collection and analysis of publicly-available information
- Familiar with database SQL operations, to include; create, delete, add, update, query, etc.
Experience applying software development best practices
- Experience translating customer mission requirements to data-driven analytical products
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Technology used in this occupation: Not Required
We just want you to have an idea of the environment
Development environment software — Apache server; MySQL Workbench; Putty/SSH; GitHub; Jira; Confluence; AWS/C2S; AWS CDK, Jenkins and CloudFormation
Object or component oriented development software — Python; Practical extraction and reporting language Perl
Operating system software — Linux; AWS/C2S instances, native services, and serverless tools (API gateway, Lambda, SQS, S3, RDS, load balancers, etc.)
Program testing software — Borland SilkTest; JUnit; JMeter; Watir *; YourKit Java Profiler
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Education: Requires at least 5-10 years of combined relevant formal education or practical experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong