As a Barclays Margin Analytics C# Senior Developer, you'll be responsible for building strategic Margin calculation engines encompassing all asset classes across the Investment Bank. This includes building margin calculations for Equity Finance, Fixed Income Finance, Uncleared Swaps and Credit products. The department is responsible for building and expanding the strategic Margin platform, known… as MarginGen. It is being built as a single strategic platform, replacing a collection of product specific legacy software platforms.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- The role holder will have a solid professional technical background
- They will be capable of working in a fragmented, complex and changing environment and to create strong relationships with the business, technology management (and peers), and vendor representatives
- He/she will have the ability to quickly take ownership of issues. He/she will possess sufficient business and technical knowledge to be able to take decisions, often in stressful situations
- They must be adaptable and able to converse with both technical staff and business representatives clearly
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's in computer science is required
- Experience in software development
- Significant years development using C#/.Net technologies
- Knowledge in financial domain
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Knowledge of Big Data Technologies, Cloudera, MongoDB
- Thorough understanding of a structured development lifecycle, realizing the importance of different levels of testing
- Ability to work independently and coordinate work with other teams
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you'll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.