Are you ready to join a growing team that puts a premium on productivity and has an award-winning culture centered around transforming talented employees into effective business leaders? Then BHG Financial is the place for you.
We offer innovative financial solutions to licensed and highly-skilled professionals, representing the best of both traditional lending and fintech, and are looking for… passionate, impact players to help take our company to the next level.
At BHG, you’ll become immersed in the finance industry—with various loan solutions, credit cards, point of sale financing, bank programs, and collections services, which have helped BHG become one of the leading financial solutions providers.
With over 20 years in business, we have the stability of an established company with the speed and agility of a startup, where ingenuity and risk-taking are encouraged, and every employee has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Who You Are
You are a motivated Senior Manager of Data Scientist who is passionate about driving results and has a creative approach to solving problems. The candidate will be responsible of providing support to the organization with data driven insights using advanced statistical and modeling techniques. This is a unique opportunity where the data scientist will transform technical insights into actions that affect key aspects of the business.
What You’ll Do
- The Senior Manager of Data Scientist will partner with key stakeholders to develop and manage start-of-art models
- The Senior Manager of Data Scientist will lead model developing through all phases, from model design through model building, validation, implementation, and monitoring.
- The Senior Manager of Data Scientist will be evaluating new internal or third-party data for model enhancing.
- You will also be responsible for mentoring junior team members.
What You’ll Need
- Graduate degree in “STEM” field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics)
- 5+ years of experience in Analytics with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 3+ years’ experience building predictive modeling is required.
- Expertise with coding in R for data modeling, machine learning, regression and statistical analysis.
- Proficient with writing SQL queries, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Intellectual curiosity and aptitude to pick up new technical skills and domain knowledge
- Strong language and writing skills, knowledge of regulatory requirements, and knowledge of model risk management.
- Strong written and verbal communications
Life at BHG
At BHG, we work hard and aren’t afraid to take risks. Since the beginning, our core values of PMA (positive mental attitude), team player, and loyalty have been the driving force behind every interaction we have between each other and our customers. We have a healthy respect for the daily grind, yet we value work/life balance. We believe that all employees should have the opportunity to lead and that good ideas can come from anyone. From the top down, our leaders are actively involved in strategic oversight, running the business, and in the well-being and growth of all employees. We consider people our #1 asset and help employees realize their full potential, set and exceed their goals, and explore new personal and professional development opportunities.
Why You Should Join BHG
We strive to offer amenities, opportunities, events, and programming that support the interests of our teams while furthering the culture that makes us Great Place to Work® certified. Some of the benefits you can expect when you join BHG include:
· 100% coverage of monthly health insurance premiums
· Competitive PTO and vacation policies
· Company 401(k) plan with employer contributions after one year
· Company-sponsored training and certification opportunities
· Quarterly award ceremonies where top achievers are celebrated and receive additional bonuses
· Ongoing volunteer opportunities to give back to the community through our BHG Cares program
If you’re ready for a career where you can exercise your passions, be surrounded by co-workers who are relentlessly committed to service, and have a team-player mindset, apply today!
- All Remote employees at BHG Financial are required to work within the United States of America.
BHG Financial is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. BHG Financial is an equal-opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.