Together, we own our company, our future, and our shared success.
As an employee-owned company, our people are Black & Veatch. We put them at the center of everything we do and empower them to grow, explore new possibilities and use their diverse talents and perspectives to solve humanity's biggest challenges in an ever-evolving world. With over 100 years of innovation in sustainable… infrastructure and our expertise in engineering, procurement, consulting and construction, together we are building a world of difference.
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 97671
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : Yes
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: Yes
Why Black and Veatch
Black and Veatch allows you to lend your talent and perspective to humanity’s biggest challenges in a flexible environment where you are empowered to grow and explore new possibilities. We offer competitive compensation; 401K match and benefits that start day 1. Our hybrid environment allows you to balance your work and personal life.
At Black and Veatch, you own your career with purpose and meaning. You are empowered to grow and explore new possibilities at every step of your career journey. Bring your big ideas knowing you are safe to be who you are and speak up with concerns or questions and put your diverse talents and perspectives to use.
As the Transmission Line Engineering Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead a multi-discipline team of engineers and technicians to produce deliverables on diverse and challenging Transmission Line projects
- Manage project execution of engineering design, material, equipment, and construction specification development for various transmission line projects. The assignments are varied and will include engineering, construction support, and Engineer Procure & Construct (EPC) projects.
- Manage budgeting, scheduling, and correspondence with Clients and project management in support of a project
- Support business development, client interactions, project execution and proposals
BV’s Energy & Process business is driven to meet clients’ rapidly changing infrastructure needs in generation, storage, transmission, and distribution of safe, reliable electric power. Our business continues to invest in renewable energy to power the future and support BV’s vision of more sustainable solutions. By joining our business, you will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of helping our clients with the most innovative energy solutions.
Check out one of our recent projects | Client Removes Transmission Lines with Minimal Disruption to Auto, Train Traffic Below | Black & Veatch (bv.com)
- Develops and Manages budget, schedule, and quality requirements across multiple disciplines for assigned projects.
- Reviews lower level engineering work or assignments. Responsible for coordinating multiple discipline activity and serving as the responsible charge for assigned projects.
- Responsible for assisting with identification of key client interests and drivers on projects. Communicates client interests and drivers to project team members and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work.
- Provides support to business development or pursuit activities.
- The position will entail occasional travel to support field assignments, and meetings with clients and other organizations.
- Actively manages project changes directly with the Client in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Consistently and independently applies knowledge and complies with Black and Veatch quality program relative to assigned tasks
- Provides guidance and direction to assigned direct reports
- Assists with the performance management process and mentoring
- Five years of experience in design of transmission lines with strong understanding of layout optimization and technical knowledge of major equipment associated with transmission lines
- P.E License highly preferred
- Working knowledge of testing and commissioning plans and procedures
- Intermediate knowledge of project development/siting/studies/permitting, feasibility studies, conceptual design, Front End Engineering Design (FEED), energy production estimate
- Intermediate knowledge of Power Purchase Agreement content and the impacts on project siting, permitting, design, schedule, cost, commissioning, and O&M
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards
- Intermediate knowledge of civil/structural and electrical/controls
- Advanced ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
- Working knowledge of procurement & contract administration
- Good communication skills and interest in engaging with Clients to grow relationships
- Working knowledge of the proposal process
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Most positions – depending on the nature of work performed as defined by the division – will typically require incumbents to have professional registration or licensure in their designated home office country, or be in active pursuit* of such registration. Additional professional registration or licensure may be needed when practicing or on assignment in a different country. Exceptions may be approved by division management on a case by case basis.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Typical Office Environment with a hybrid work schedule (3 days in office and 2 days remote)
Black & Veatch endeavors to make www.bv.com/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at +1-913-359-1622 or via our accommodations request form . This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here . If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here and here .
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs