At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your… future with us.
Boeing Defense Space and Security is currently looking for an Equipment and Tool Engineering Manager to join their team in New Orleans, LA.
NASA’s Space Launch System is the most powerful rocket ever built, the backbone for a permanent human presence in deep space. This position will have Production Engineering responsibility over the Core Stage position of the SLS program. Responsibility will primarily encompass teams in Equipment & Tooling Engineering (E&TE) department. The Space Launch System and Artemis missions represent a significant step forward in support of NASA’s vision for space exploration and this position will have direct impact in progressing the production system that makes that vision possible. Be a part of history while paving the way for the future!
- Support SLS production at both Michoud Assembly Facility (MAF) in New Orleans, LA and Kennedy Space Center (KSC), FL
- Lead the production engineering E&TE teams in every phase of the engineering lifecycle from development to delivery
- Manage employees performing engineering/liasion and technical activities in the area of Production Engineering
- Acquire resources for organizational activities, provides technical management and leads process improvements
- Lead with principles of one Boeing Production System
- Embrace a Lean mentality to drive performance and innovation
- Integrate and lead teams through rapid problem solving and corrective actions through structured problem-solving methods
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports
- Provide oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 3 Experience in Production Engineering
- 3 Experience in a Production Environment
- 3 years of experience leading teams or projects formally or informally
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience working with customers and suppliers in a manufacturing environment
- Tool or Equipment Engineering experience
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
- This position is for 1st shift
NASA Safety Sensitive Statement:
This is a NASA safety-sensitive position and is subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
This position requires the ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $129,200 - $174,800
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law