At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your… future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking a Software Manager and Leader for the NASA Space Launch System (SLS) Stage Controller Program. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization.
This position is located at Boeing in Titusville, Florida, and requires infrequent travel to multiple sites including both NASA Space Centers, Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) & John C. Stennis Space Center (SSC) as well the Boeing Company in Huntsville, Alabama.
NASA's SLS is an advanced launch vehicle with its unprecedented capabilities, offering more payload mass, volume capability and energy to speed missions through space. SLS is designed to be flexible and evolvable and will open new possibilities for payloads, including robotic scientific missions to places like the Moon, Mars, Saturn and Jupiter.
This leadership position requires excellent technical team leadership. We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager who is passionate about leading, customer satisfaction, computer programming, safety, quality, team building, and continuous process improvements.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us!
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
- Lead the team in development and maintenance of software through unit testing and integrated testing of software components, building and improving upon the test environment, and verification and validation of a real-time safety-critical liquid-fueled rocket ground control system
- Direct report functional areas currently include but are not limited to Application Software, Operating Systems, and IT Security
- Build relationships and reshape teams to maximize productivity and efficiency inside and across the organization
- Develop and manage team level schedules, and apply earned value management to manage assigned cost control accounts with quantifiable backup data to support progress & status reporting of work packages
- Define technical strategies, goals, and objectives for the team and collaborate horizontally and vertically with other leaders to improve overall business unit effectiveness
- Resolve conflicts/interface issues between product organizations
- Acquire resources for department activities, provide technical management of suppliers assigned to work area
- Expedite project deliverables while maintaining sustainable work pace that does not compromise on standards, safety, and quality
We work in a casual but professional environment with multi-disciplined teams of engineers that take pride in developing, integrating, testing and delivering innovative solutions. There is long-term potential for career growth into technical leadership or management positions and we value the curiosity, tenacity and imagination our engineers bring to our teams each day.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or other technical degree or 7 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience
- 3+ years of experience leading or managing projects and/or teams
- Experience in team building, coaching, leading teams, motivating and engaging team members
- Knowledge of real time software and/or development within C/C++
- Experience with hardware that is primarily COTS based and includes a mix of real time computing and I/O as well as other components
- Experience with AGILE software development methodology using industry tools (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Git)
- Manages employees performing engineering and technical activities in the area of Software Engineering
- Develops and executes project and process plans, implements policies and procedures and sets operational goals
- Acquires resources for projects and processes, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes. Manages, develops and motivates employees
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 7 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience)
Infrequent travel up to 10% of the time.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Safety Sensitive Statement:
This is a safety-sensitive position and is subject to NASA random drug and alcohol testing
Summary Pay Range:
$132,600 - $179,400
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a "U.S. Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "U.S. Person" includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law