At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your… future with us.
The Boeing Company is looking for a Software Engineering Manager (Mid-Level) to join our team in El Segundo, CA.
This position will support the Boeing Space Mission System (SMS) Software team and will lead personnel who develop satellite communications software.
The SMS team builds the next generation products and services for the Boeing Defense Services (BDS) business unit. We work with commercial, government and proprietary customers in the development of the next-generation technologies in space. Our group works all facets of engineering from technology investment, concept development, proposal writing, requirements, design, build, integration, test, and demonstration of products in their relevant environments.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and problem solvers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
- Manager will lead staffing needs and grow the skills/capabilities of the organization
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers and partners, provide oversight of technical approaches, products and processes
- Must have the ability to solve sophisticated problems and the ability to work multiple tasks simultaneously, and must be familiar with leading development projects and industry equivalent practices
- Experience supporting New Business Campaigns and have the technical ability to work with the engineering community
- Manager will forecast, acquire and manage personnel to meet project and organizational requirements; acquire, deploy and schedule personnel to meet organizational objectives
- Determines critical skills within an organization or functional area; develops and implements staffing plans to ensure necessary skills are available within the company
- Develops and motivates employees
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires an active Top Secret/SCI U.S. Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree in a Technical Field (i.e. engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or similar)
- 3+ years of experience leading or managing projects and/or teams
- 1+ years of experience leading teams using Agile software development practices
- 3+ years of experience in team building, coaching, leading teams, motivating and engaging team members
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with satellite ground mission capabilities
- Experience with on-orbit engineering support
- Experience at successfully managing and being part of a complex IPT to produce results within budget, on schedule, and to performance requirements
- Experience with DevSecOps and continuous integration
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree in a Technical Field (i.e. engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or similar)
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the information shown below is a general guideline only. Pay is based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Pay Range Summary:
Mid-Level Manager $165,750 - $224,250
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law