At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with… us.
The Boeing Company is seeking a Space Launch System (SLS) Production Test Engineer Manager to join our team in New Orleans, LA at the NASA Michoud production assembly facility. This position will work closely with Production Operations and SLS Engineering leadership to lead a highly skilled team of testers that performs acceptance testing of propulsion and avionics systems. The selected candidate must have a strong sense of responsibility for the success of the program and be able to motivate a group of diverse individuals to achieve a common objective with shared values and processes while leading multi-skilled test teams that validate NASA’s SLS Rocket Core Stage.
The Lab Test Value Stream organization within Boeing Test & Evaluation (BT&E) executes a strategy of obtaining the best team, talent, and leaders by creating an open and inclusive working environment. We leverage innovation using advanced testing techniques and instruments. We continue to fuel growth by focusing on safety and quality fundamentals. We are testing the next generation of deep space rockets for exploration back to the moon and onto Mars.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Manage employees performing engineering and technical activities in the areas of Test and Evaluation Engineering
- Develop and execute project and process plans, implements policies and procedures and sets operational goals
- Acquire resources for projects and processes, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports
- Provide oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes
- Manage, develop and motivate employees
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 5+ years of experience in a technical or engineering field
- Experience conducting tests in a lab or production environment
- Experience building a team and developing employees
- Experience training and/or mentoring in a technical environment
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years of experience working in a lab test, flight test, or similar test environment
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams, a strong desire to work with technical and non-technical audiences and be a self-starter
- Experience in engineering management or technical management
- Experience with launch vehicle systems
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM)
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
This is a safety-sensitive position and is subject to NASA random drug and alcohol testing.
This position requires the ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility. Access to the facility requires a background investigation by U.S. Government authorities.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the information shown below is a general guideline only. Pay is based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $129,200 – $174,800
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law