BrainPOP makes rigorous learning experiences accessible and engaging for all. Proven to raise academic achievement, the brand has been trusted by educators and parents worldwide for more than two decades. BrainPOP has a presence in over two-thirds of U.S. districts through school and district subscriptions and an estimated reach of 25 million students annually. Beloved by kids, BrainPOP provides… endless opportunities for them to take agency over their learning through playful, knowledge-building content and learner-driven experiences that strengthen critical, computational, and creative thinking across the entire curriculum. The company is committed to empowering kids to succeed and thrive in the classroom and beyond.
Founded in 1999 by former pediatrician and immunologist Avraham Kadar, M.D., in 2022, BrainPOP was acquired by KIRKBI—the family-owned holding and investment company of the LEGO® brand—in its first acquisition in digital learning.
We’re seeking a Prompt Engineer with a background in developing, refining and optimizing AI capabilities to improve the prompt generation process and overall AI system performance. Prompt Engineer will work with AI engineers and cross-functional teams to develop high performance human-centered AI applications in BrainPOP products and operations.
Reporting to the Chief Academic Officer, you will partner with cross-functional stakeholders to help drive learning outcomes and business results. You will work directly with various teams at BrainPOP to create, improve prompts that meet the needs of our customers and users.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with AI engineers, data engineers, content developers, and business units to align on prompt engineering with company goals and user needs
- Lead the development, testing and refining of AI prompts
- Help develop high performance, scalable and reliable software solutions for learner-centered generative AI and learning personalization in Python and Python-based AI/ML frameworks
- Help train machine learning models, evaluate performance metrics, and communicate results with visual and statistical aids
- Work closely with our learning scientists and engineers to define collection events and data transformations needed to drive personalized learning.
- Energized by leading Prompt Engineering to tackle and make progress against complex and ambiguous product roadmaps and business opportunities.
- Experienced in developing and refining AI models using prompt engineering techniques in the context of generative AI models (e.g., GPT4, Google Bison models).
- Deep understanding of AI, natural language processing, machine learning and AI-generated content development
- Demonstrated technical experience in infrastructure and operations for AI/ML
- Highly motivated to inspire a high profile, high performing team helping the team to prioritize, develop professionally and drive bottom-line impact.
- Comfortable working with multiple stakeholders and functions and have a demonstrated ability to interact at the executive level and effectively manage multiple, often simultaneous, high-priority projects in addition to recurring workstreams.
On your resume:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field
- Experience in prompt engineering for LLMs
- 2+ years of experience in AI/ML software development and working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to guide AI/ML-enhanced product planning, prioritization and strategy development
- Experience with Python and Python-based AI/ML frameworks
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well on a team as well as autonomously
Life at BrainPOP
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and are proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching, and always-learning community. Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual citizens, and so much more. We value Diversity & Inclusion, collaboration, and learning from multiple perspectives, and we encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and emphasizing work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
- Corporate Donation Matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Paid Life Insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Friends & Family BrainPOP Subscription
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Wellness Activities (ClassPass Membership)
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Company Events (happy hours, volunteering opportunities, trivia nights, and monthly Town Halls)
The starting salary for this role is between $115,000 - $130,000, depending on skills and experience. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. We have competitive pay bands for all other countries based on market standards. Individual compensation decisions are based on several factors, including experience level, skill set, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. Based on these factors, we expect most of the candidates offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description, as posted. If so, the updated salary range will be communicated to you as a candidate.
BrainPOP is a hybrid work environment, allowing employees to self-select where they work–whether fully remote in approved states or in-office in our New York headquarters.
We can employ remotely out of the following approved hiring states:
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer