When you join the Cadence Aerospace team, you are more than a number – you are a valued part of our company family. Superior craftsmanship, employee pride and a shared commitment to continuous improvement are the foundation of our success. We have a strong reputation for professionalism and quality in the aerospace industry. Our company is committed to excellence and we recognize that the right… people, offering their ideas and expertise, will enable us to continue our success. We seek team members who are passionate, adaptable, driven to achieve quality results, focused on continuous improvement, self-motivated and problem solvers.
- Leading technical teams in the improvement of current processes, transitioning new statements of work, being the focal point of communication between quality, operations, NC Programming and Planning.
- Monitor and enforce adherence to internal processes and standards to ensure a consistent product to the manufacturing floor.
- Collaborate with NC Programming, operations and Manufacturing Engineering on tool and fixture design.
- Review first part runs with Quality, Operations and NC Programming to verify a conforming part and acceptable manufacturing process.
- Mentoring and training of new Manufacturing Engineers/Planners.
- Interface with customer base to resolve engineering issues.
- Investigate and resolve manufacturing issues related to low profitability or excessive scrap.
- Engagement at the estimating stage on strategic packages to review engineering design and producibility concerns.
- Shop support and guidance on first article builds to ensure engineering compliance and manufacturing process design effectiveness.
- Provides planning, direction, and coordination for all technical activities while monitors performance to estimates, budgets and organization goals.
- Participates in developing organization and department goals and objectives.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Process Standardization
- Develop and implement standards, work instructions, procedures and policies for manufacturing in the engineering and manufacturing departments.
- Recommends and implements process changes in order to improve cost, delivery, quality.
- Configuration Control Board (CCB)
- SmarTeam (Product Data Management System) Administration
- Engineering Work Orders (EWO)
- New Part Transition
- Engineering Change Orders (ECO)
- Part No Roll
- Configuration Change
- Value Engineering
- Continuous Improvement
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Project Management
- Develop Project Schedules in MS Project and utilize stand project management tools to ensure expectations are communicated on a regular basis and progress is tracked to schedule.
- Manage activities and the decision process to ensure adherence to budgets.
- Leadership and Communications
- Report progress and projects weekly to Leadership Team.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Motivate teams to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Mitigate team conflict and communication problems.
- A four-year Engineering degree and 8 years' experience in an Aerospace Engineering discipline is required or a minimum of 12 years' experience in a Manufacturing Engineering discipline is required
- Extensive knowledge and experience in machining, inspection, GD&T,tooling design, assembly, and lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Experience and training in value stream mapping, flow charting, and work instruction authoring.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Applications including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Visio
- Familiarity MRP systems and fundamentals.
- Knowledge in CATIA preferred.
The salary information is a general guideline only. A wide range of factors are considered when extending an offer, such as job-related knowledge and skills, qualifications, education/training, key skills as well as market and business considerations. Other forms of pay (e.g., bonus or long term incentive) may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
California pay range
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cadence Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one's employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination. A notice describing Federal equal employment law is available here.
Cadence Aerospace is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please click here to contact us and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Transparency In Coverage (TIC) information
This is a link that will take you to Anthem's website for access to Cadence's Machine-Readable Files per the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 Transparency in Coverage requirement to provide Machine-Readable Files on the health plan (effective July 1, 2022).
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. E-Verify Works for Everyone For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS. 888-897-7781 dhs.gov/e-verify
I certify that I have made true, correct, and complete answers and statements on my employment application, any supplements to it and in any interview in the knowledge that they will be relied upon in considering my application for employment. I understand that any false or misleading information or omission may disqualify me from further consideration for employment and may lead to my dismissal from employment or revocation of an offer of employment, if discovered at a later date.
I also understand that if I am hired, I will be required to provide proof of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States and that federal immigration laws require the completion of an I-9 Form in this regard.
This Company does not tolerate unlawful discrimination in its employment practices. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding an applicant from consideration for employment on the basis of his or her race, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender, gender identification, gender expression, marital status or civil partnership/union status, sexual orientation, cancer related condition, medical condition, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), pregnancy disability, or family leave status, pregnancy, breastfeeding needs, reproductive health decision-making, organ or bone marrow donor status, or military or veteran's status, or any other protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law. This company likewise does not tolerate harassment based on sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, citizenship, age, disability, or any other protected status. Harassment of our employees is strictly prohibited, whether it is committed by a manager, coworker, subordinate, or non-employee (such as a vendor or customer). The Company takes all complaints of harassment seriously and all complaints will be investigated promptly and thoroughly.
I hereby understand and acknowledge that any employment relationship with this Company is of an "at will" nature, which means that my employment may be terminated by me or the company at any time for any reason or no reason, and with or without notice. It is further understood that this "at will" employment relationship cannot be changed except in writing by an authorized executive of this Company. If hired, I agree to abide by all of the Company's rules, policies, and procedures. I understand that the Company and all plan administrators shall have the maximum discretion permitted by law to administer, interpret, modify, discontinue, enhance, or otherwise change all policies, procedures, rules, benefits, or other terms or conditions of employment.
I understand that in addition to this application, the employment process may, for certain positions, include any or all of the following procedures: testing – aptitude, personality and/or skill, multiple interviews, post-offer thorough background checks and drug screening test.
Immigration Compliance Plan
The Company policies include a commitment to non-discrimination based on race, national origin and immigration status. Pursuant to the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), which protects work authorized individuals from employment discrimination on the basis of citizenship status or national origin, employment decisions will not be made on the basis of a person's national origin, race or immigration status except to the extent necessary to comply with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
In those situations, the Company will need to obtain information necessary to comply with the requirements of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). This will include collection of documentation to establish one of three categories of citizenship/ immigration status: (1) U.S. Citizenship; (2) Permanent Residency (Green Card) and (3) Asylum or Refugee Status (formally recognized or assigned such status by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement).
If an applicant or employee does not meet the category applicable to their anticipated work for the Company, the Company cannot hire such applicant. In order to ensure ITAR compliance, all applicants and employees of the Company will have their immigration status checked through a system called "E-Verify." If the findings on the E-Verify search are not accurate, please contact Human Resources and obtain copies of all documents related to your work status. Employees who are not authorized to work in the United States cannot be employed at the Company