CPKC is seeking an experienced, insightful and forward-thinking Quality Engineering Manager to build out a new team focused on Data Quality across our portfolio of Applications. In this role, your primary responsibility will be to develop, facilitate and oversee sound quality engineering processes in support of the CPKC organization. This is a leadership role within the IS Business… Operations Services Organization and the ideal candidate will have a proven track record as a QE Manager, partnering with and influencing executives, managing complex programs, strategic and tactical execution of operational processes, a good understanding of project management in critical environments, and strong working knowledge of data analysis and data quality practices.
- Build and manage QE team, including hiring, coaching and mentoring team members
- Develops training and other communications to ensure IT readiness and capability to execute data quality practices
- Develops data testing strategies and execution plans
- Collaborates with project teams and validates that all necessary requirements have been fulfilled
- Establish data quality automation plans to improve data validation, while working in collaboration with our automation team
- Plans the data testing and validation with delivery teams. Involved with planning, testing, tracking, communication, and risk management
- Create Data Boundaries to ascertain if there are issues with data quality prior to production delivery
- Build test cases to validate data consistency, accuracy, validity, uniqueness, & completeness
- Provision data for QA UAT & performance testing
- Participates in Technical Review Board, Change Authorization Board and Critical Incident Review meetings
- Exemplifies CPKC Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Computer Science Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college, or relevant professional experience.
- Minimum seven (10) years of relevant professional experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working with customers and project teams to launch successful projects that meet the requirements of the business
- Minimum five (5) years data analytics with an understanding R or Python, SQL, Data visualization, Data cleaning and preparation
- Deep understanding of Master Data & it's uses
- Ability to visualize findings through charts, graphs and other visualization tool to share with development data teams and provide recommendations.
- Strong understanding of SDLC for both waterfall and agile release management methodologies
- Experience successfully leading software application development teams and projects
- Knowledge of data movement tools like but not limited to, ADF, Informatica, Boomi, SSIS, & Mulesoft
- Experience in automation tools such as TOCSCA, UFT and Selenium
- Experience leading complex technology programs and projects with significant changes to business and operations
- Deep understanding of how technical changes impacts business operations
- ITIL change and configuration management knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated strength in detailed planning and organizational skills – must be very detailed oriented
- Understanding of various application infrastructures, system architectures, and operating systems (SaaS, Cloud, 3rd Party, Custom developed, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written; ability to be clear, concise, and specific
- Ability to work under pressure and proven ability to meet delivery timelines under tense circumstances
- Team player with the ability to establish relationships easily
- Demonstrate confidence in holding resources accountable for assignments