Canopy Analytics is SaaS for property managers. We're hiring a remote full time (30-40 hrs) contract backend software engineer. The initial contract is for 3 months with the possibility of ongoing work. You must be authorized to work in US, have excellent communication skills, and overlap 4 hours with Pacific Timezone (GMT-7). We have a daily standup at 9:30 AM PT which you're expected to attend… This role is a senior level independent contributor role. You will:
- Deliver high-quality code quickly
- Write tests and documentation
- Reproduce and fix bugs
- Focus on the backend (Ruby + Rails) but be able to complete basic UI work (HTML, CSS).
- Provide regular written and verbal updates on your open projects
We use Ruby on Rails with server-rendered HTML. On the front end, Typescript is our primary language. We "sprinkle" interactivity using Stimulus, Turbo, and Hotwire. We use Chartist for visualizations. Our data is backed by Postgres and Redis. We make extensive use of window functions, rollup tables and caching to keep our application fast. We use RSpec and fixtures for testing. The application is hosted on Heroku and we deploy multiple times a day.
- We’re looking for someone with strong back-end Ruby experience. You should be well-versed in Rails and SQL. Front-end programming experience, especially with Typescript and modern browser APIs, is a plus but not a requirement.
- Excellent project management skills is a must. Your ability to break down a complex task into smaller steps helps you anticipate what edge cases might have been ignored. You thoughtfully communicate potential solutions and delegate the decision.
- Written and verbal communication skills are highly valued. You proactively document and explain project status and technical details to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Canopy Analytics is a small but mighty team. With just three founders, we bootstrapped an enterprise SaaS platform, grew +500% in the last year, raised a strong round from top-tier investors, and our customers depend on our software everyday.
We're a web based cloud platform. We build analytics, workflows and alerts that let our customer navigate their data. We update our system nightly through our ETL processes, translating customer data into a common format that's easy to query and visualize.
We started Canopy Analytics because we want more housing to be built so cities can be more affordable. We embedded ourselves in the commercial real estate industry to understand their business problems. We found that they didn't have the tools to adequately deal with their scale. This drives up costs and makes it hard to deploy capital. Our early customers have seen over $1M of impact annually and we've barely scratched the surface. Our vision is to be the software that operates and finances the next generation of cities.
Canopy Analytics focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Commercial Real Estate, and Real Estate Technology. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and Oakland. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.canopyanalytics.com or find them on LinkedIn