- Envision, design, and develop web applications and UI modules for large-scale deployment and management in the intelligence community and Department of Defense.
- Prototype web applications to showcase new concepts and ideas.
- Utilize the Esri REST API for integrating the web application with back-end web services.
- Create a rich developer-friendly toolkit to consume new server-side GIS functionalities using the latest relevant techniques and best practices.
- Apply good software design and development practices in daily activities.
- Write comprehensive technical design specifications and support documentation.
- Suggest new technologies and approaches, often demonstrating and championing their use.
- Estimate the duration and level of effort of development tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or a related field depending on position level
- 2+ years of experience designing, building, and delivering web applications
- Experience with HTML, DOM, CSS, event model, and cross-browser development
- Experience with AJAX, JSON, and REST
- Experience with using Agile software development methodologies (Scrum)
- TS/SCI Clearance
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and in groups to effectively participate in the Agile software development life cycle
- Excellent problem-solving, verbal, and written communication, design, development, and debugging skills
- Knowledge and practice of test-driven development methodology
- Ability to work independently and yet be effective within a team setting
- Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time-related constraints in a fast-paced contracting environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office applications
- Experience working in a home office setting as well as the ability to train end-users on frequently asked technical issues
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone with good phone skills and a professional demeanor
- Previous customer service experience strongly desired
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it