The Data Science team develops and deploys analytic solutions to equip stakeholders with data-based insights empowering them to effectively measure performance, establish improvement goals, comprehend relationships between variables, predict outcomes and make strategic decisions. The Data Scientist will be involved in all steps of the process including data gathering, cleaning… validation, analysis, modeling, visualization, and presentation. Additionally, the Data Scientist acts as the primary expert for one or more technically advanced solutions as described in the responsibilities section below.
This is a remote position with occasional on-site meetings (Texas residency required).
- Guide information systems experts to identify data sources, gather and validate necessary data. Work closely with operational and/or clinical experts to ensure that data content is complete, accurate and relevant. Intermediate knowledge related to database management is required. Intermediate proficiency in SQL or other data gathering technology and familiarity with Big Data concepts is preferred.
- Perform complex statistical analyses of data sets to identify performance status, trends over time and key drivers. Advanced knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics with demonstrated proficiency in sampling theory, forecasting, regression, non-normal distributions and hypothesis testing is required. Intermediate proficiency in a statistical software package (Minitab, JMP, Stata, QI Macros, Alteryx, SAS Enterprise Miner, etc.) is required.
- Create, present and publish elegant graphical representations of analyses and key findings to a wide variety of stakeholders. Intermediate proficiency in PowerPoint and a data visualization software package (Microstrategy, Power BI, SAS VA or Tableau) is required White paper or research paper publication experience preferred. Public speaking experience required.
- Participate in quality/process improvement initiatives or other strategic programs as the voice of the data ensuring that data limitations, interpretation and insights are accurately comprehended by stakeholders and decision makers. Topics may include clinical, operational and/or financial domains. Familiarity with Epic EMR and healthcare operations is strongly preferred.
- Based on team and organizational needs, continuously develop Data Science skills in one or more areas of data wrangling, statistical analysis, visualization and communications, etc.. Demonstrated ability to research and self-teach both technical and soft skills is required.
- Act as the team's resident expert in one or more technically advanced analytic solutions such as GIS data mapping, complex visualization, process simulation, predictive modeling, machine learning, natural language processing, program evaluation and other specialties. Introductory training in programming languages such as R or Python (or similar) is required.
- Guide the activities of junior team members. Mentor other peers in area of specialty to support their development. Teach statistical concepts and methods to various stakeholders as needed. Formal peer training experience preferred.
- 5+ years in data wrangling, analysis and visualization including relevant internships required
- 5+ years’ experience in a healthcare setting (hospital, ambulatory or ancillary services) preferred
- Bachelor's degree in related field (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, other STEM fields) or equivalent experience required
- Graduate degree preferred
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Udacity Nanodegree: Data Analyst and Intro to Programming (or equivalent) preferred
- IHI Open School Improvement Methodology Basic preferred
Children’s Health values the role each member of our team plays in helping us make life better for children. We employ more than 7,500 people and provide rewarding career opportunities that help them reach their highest potential.
We also hold Magnet recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center for nursing excellence, we serve as the primary pediatric teaching facility for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, and we are widely recognized for delivering high quality care.
Children’s Health has also been named one of the 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker’s Healthcare for nine consecutive years. We invite you to learn more about Children’s Health.
Children’s Health offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for learning and career development. We promote a diverse and inclusive workplace, and our team members have a voice in their work through surveys and town halls