Python Lead Developer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject… matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Develop large scale solutions to solve complex problems with data from multiple areas and of numerous types using Python, MongoDB, and Oracle.
- Write code, deploy scripts, unit test, check code to source code repository, and monitor delivery pipeline for Python programs.
- Extensive experience in implementing ETL processes using Python.
- Experience is building python programs using common libraries like pandas, NumPy, Flask API etc.
- Experience in implementing NLP based pipelines.
- Develops data ingestion frameworks, real-time processing solutions, and data processing/transformation frameworks using Python.
- Develop conceptual, logical, physical models and meta data solutions, as required.
- Accountable for executing and driving results on large-scale efforts or multiple smaller efforts and serving as a development lead for most medium and large projects. This includes expertise with application development methodologies and standards for program analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and implementation.
- Independent work style, requiring little or no guidance by more senior developers. Decisions will make a significant, measurable impact on the business goals for the client organization. During team discussions you will play a significant role with TPMs and engineering managers to determine potential risks to a schedule.
- Accountable for providing guidance on architecturally significant efforts during the preplanning phase, and ensuring principles and best practices are followed prior to initiation of work. In doing so, closely watch and evaluate Digital roadmaps, including impacts to support upcoming journeys.
- Conduct design reviews and code reviews based on the projects assigned to your LOB.
- Elaborate, bring and communicate clear metrics on Design Reviews, Code Reviews, CI/CD and Design Patterns adoption.
- Communicate progress, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, identify, assess, track and mitigate issues/risks at multiple levels. Recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialog to resolve them.
- Demonstrate the ability to implement continuous improvement and the induction of new technology. Demonstrate examples of influence in scrum teams beyond your own area of focus.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency
- 6-10 years of relevant experience in an Apps Development role or senior level experience in an Enterprise Architecture role with subject matter expert in one or more areas.
- Exhibit expertise in all aspects of technology by understanding broader patterns and techniques as they apply to Citi's internal and external cloud platforms (AWS, PCF, Akamai)
- Lead resources and serve as a functional SME across the company through advanced knowledge of algorithms, data structures, distributed systems, networking, use of knowledge and experience to lead, architect, and drive broader adoption forward.
- Acquire relevant technology and financial industry skills (AWS PWS) and understand all aspects of NGA technology - including innovative approaches and new opportunities.
- Demonstrate knowledge on automating code quality, code performance, unit testing, and build processing in the CI/CD.
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Job Family Group: Technology
Job Family:Digital Software Engineering
Time Type:Full time
Primary Location:Irving Texas United States
Primary Location Salary Range:$128,940.00 - $193,400.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi ) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment