CoStar Group (NASDAQ: CSGP) is a leading global provider of commercial and residential real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Included in the S&P 500 Index and the NASDAQ 100, CoStar Group is on a mission to digitize the world’s real estate, empowering all people to discover properties, insights and connections that improve their businesses and lives…
We have been living and breathing the world of real estate information and online marketplaces for over 35 years, giving us the perspective to create truly unique and valuable offerings to our customers. We’ve continually refined, transformed and perfected our approach to our business, creating a language that has become standard in our industry, for our customers, and even our competitors. We continue that effort today and are always working to improve and drive innovation. This is how we deliver for our customers, our employees, and investors. By equipping the brightest minds with the best resources available, we provide an invaluable edge in real estate.
We are seeking an accomplished Technical Manager to join our team in building the software that drives the content collection and curation efforts across our organization.
This position is located in our Richmond, VA office and offers a hybrid schedule of 3 days onsite, 2 days remote.
- Lead and Agile software development team (approximately 5 people); Lead Scrum ceremonies; Deliver done-done features at high velocity.
- Act as a player-coach, who can mentor & coach team members into highly productive team players.
- Promote can-do attitude, engineering mindset and collaboration as fundamental team values.
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements. Develop project plan and work schedules for use by scrum development team.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers and other Agile teams throughout the organization to deliver on large initiatives.
- Work with recruiting to identify, hire and onboard top industry talent.
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends, and best practices that can be leveraged to strengthen CoStar’s technology platform and development practices.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of relevant work experience managing software development teams
- 3+ years’ experience in web and database technologies
- 3+ years’ experience building large distributed, API-driven systems.
- Strong understanding of OOP and software design patterns
- Experience leading technical teams, working through complex requirements and offering relevant, timely technical solutions.
- Experience in developing Web Applications
- Experience with .Net Core 6.x, C#, Relational (SQL Server) and Document Data Systems (DynamoDB, ElasticSearch) a plus.
- Experience with AWS S3, Lambda, SQS, Kafka, Redis a plus.
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration
- Commercial or Residential Real Estate knowledge is a bonus.
What’s in it for you?
When you join CoStar Group, you’ll experience a collaborative and innovative culture working alongside the best and brightest to empower our people and customers to succeed.
We offer you generous compensation and performance-based incentives. CoStar Group also invests in your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Virtual and in person mental health counseling services for individuals and family
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes
- Access to CoStar Group’s Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Employee Resource Groups
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar Group is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing