Make your mark at Comcast -- a Fortune 30 global media and technology company. From the connectivity and platforms we provide, to the content and experiences we create, we reach hundreds of millions of customers, viewers, and guests worldwide. Become part of our award-winning technology team that turns big ideas into cutting-edge products, platforms, and solutions that our customers love. We… create space to innovate, and we recognize, reward, and invest in your ideas, while ensuring you can proudly bring your authentic self to the workplace. Join us. You'll do the best work of your career right here at Comcast. (In most cases, Comcast prefers to have employees on-site collaborating unless the team has been designated as virtual due to the nature of their work. If a position is listed with both office locations and virtual offerings, Comcast may be willing to consider candidates who live greater than 100 miles from the office for the remote option.)
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Edits new and existing applications. Implements, testing and debugging defined software components. Documents all development activity. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
The Comcast Loyalty and Rewards Platform engineering team is responsible for developing, integrating, and operating the API layer that is used by all internal applications that enable customers to interact with the Xfinity Rewards program. Developers participate in design, planning, development, release, monitoring and overall delivery of our platform. The developer will be challenged to create new features and experiences that support millions of business & customer interactions each day while meeting the highest standards of availability, stability and performance. The right candidate will be assertive and work to bring people together to help solve complex problems with an iterative approach.
- Analyzes and resolves integration needs.
- Evaluates and plans software designs, test results and technical manuals.
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Programs new software, web applications and supports new applications under development and the customization of current applications.
- Edits and reviews technical requirement's documentation.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills and project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Ability to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as vital.
- Develop and update RESTful APIs, serverless functions and associated libraries, classes and data sources.
- Participate fully in agile software development team and rituals; actively participate in all ceremonies, review user stories, participate in planning sessions, estimate effort for stories and tasks, etc.
- Ensure all deliverables comply with the latest industry standards & best practices for code structure, quality, organization, performance and security.
- Support software releases end-to-end including monitoring and defect resolution.
- Perform peer code review and participate in team code reviews.
- Monitors current and future trends, technology and information in the web technology space that will positively affect organizational projects.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong Python development and testing experience.
- 2-5 years of experience in the IT industry with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- building high-traffic, enterprise applications
- working in a modern development environment and shipping solid product
- development and integration of RESTful Services
- development with Cloud technologies such as AWS
- Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Working in environments that fully embrace the Agile methodology and DevOps model
- Continuous delivery tools
- Experience with test automation
- Behavior Driven Design
- Experience in Availability, Capacity, Disaster Recovery planning.
- Experience in Cable / Telecom
- Excellent organizational, technical, financial, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to think strategically and critically.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines; extensive, directly related experience may be considered in-lieu of degree(s).
- Ability to communicate technical details to wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail in an environment that requires regular evaluation and negotiation of priorities
- Excellent skills in emotional intelligence, influencing, and persuasion with individual and group partners.
- Strong speaking, writing, collaboration and follow-up skills.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills - the ability to interact with many different people, internally and externally
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Be responsible for the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them flawless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be hardworking learners, users and advocates of our groundbreaking technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights!
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Get results and growth!
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
- This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details