Cox Communications is searching for a Software Engineer II, Python who will be responsible to design and develop software applications. Performs coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting throughout the application development process. Coordinates with technology boundary partners to ensure solutions are designed to operate in highly available and reliable environments.
Primary… Responsibilities And Essential Functions
- Develops, builds, configures, customizes, integrates and unit tests solutions and creates detailed development designs.
- Ensures that solutions meet requirements outlined in the design documentation.
- Performs all work to agreed time, cost and quality constraints.
- Ensures that developed solutions are peer reviewed and formally documented.
- Unit tests solutions to ensure they meet quality standards.
- Creates and provides support handover for implemented solutions within agreed timeframes, using existing standards.
- Investigates opportunities to use new and emerging technologies.
- Supports the QA Analyst and Development analyst in both the lab and production for any anomaly with the tool's performance.
- Effectively communicates verbally and in writing to ensure technical information is presented in a clear and concise manner.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 2 years' experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and up to 2 years' experience; or 14 years' experience in a related field
- Knowledge of Python, RESTful, XML, GIT
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Must be able to translate business needs and requirements into technical specifications.
- Knowledge in creating interoperable messages & bridges across Kafka/JMS/MQ and issue analysis on Kafka applications
- Excellent teamwork, communication, presentation, and time management skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Knowledge of network protocols/principles such as SNMP, CLI, SSH, TCP, UDP etc.
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- Git or general version control experience
- Working in a continuous integration, testing, and delivery
- Experience building applications deployed in public/private cloud.
- Experience building microservice based solutions.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes