Pay Range $55hr - $61hr…
- Becomes familiar with all aspects of the application, including reports, parameters, claims management, intake services, carrier/client interfaces and vendor/business partner interfaces.
- Assumes responsibility and develops expertise for a specific area of functionality of the application.
- Analyzes user needs, as required, and leads in the design of specifications to meet those needs.
- Develops and maintains software to meet the specifications outlined in data processing requests.
- Assesses requirements of insurance carriers and regulatory groups; leads in the design and development of software to meet those requirements.
- Tests and debugs software; assists in testing projects for other analyst/programmers.
- Prepares documentation for assigned projects and completes the paperwork necessary to release the project.
- Assists in the professional growth of other analyst/programmers.
- Follows departmental pre-established standards and guidelines as applicable to design and development.
- Adheres to the goal of delivering and maintaining the highest quality of customer service to clients.
- Keeps up-to-date with technology changes and direction.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Information Systems or Computer Science major preferred.
- Eight (8) years of program development experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required to include two (2) years specialized experience with an emphasis on interpreting user requirements, business application design and programming of business applications.
- Insurance industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of client/server applications and claims management systems.
- Excellent project management skills
- High level of self-motivation.
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills.
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products.
- Leadership skills.
- Analytical and interpretive skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies