In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence by tapping into the power of data analytics, robotics, and cognitive technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI). Our Strategy & Analytics portfolio helps clients leverage rigorous analytical capabilities and a pragmatic mindset to solve the most complex of problems.
By joining our team, you will play a… key role in helping to our clients uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data and transforming the Government and Public Services marketplace.
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The GPS Analytics and Cognitive (A&C) offering is responsible for developing advanced analytics products and applying data visualization and statistical programming tools to enterprise data in order to advance and enable the key mission outcomes for our clients. Our team supports all phases of analytic work product development, from the identification of key business questions through data collection and ETL, and from performing analyses and using a wide range of statistical, machine learning, and applied mathematical techniques to delivery insights to decision-makers. Our practitioners give special attention to the interplay between data and the business processes that produce it and the decision-makers that consume insights.
Work you'll do:
The Unified Immigration Portal (UIP) is a technical solution that bridges data distribution gaps between components and systems within the immigration ecosystem. UIP shares data from one agency to another to break down silos and streamline immigration processes. Data are shared in various forms, such as dashboards, custom visualizations, API microservices, and via a UIP database.
We are seeking a front-end developer to join our development and enhancement team to drive and support our UIP development efforts. You will directly support application and services agile software development teams in this role. This job will require participating in an agile software development life-cycle for the front-end and API layer. A good front-end/full-stack engineer will be able to effectively assessing, planning, and completing development tasks in both Angular and Node JS and working collaboratively with other development teams when required.
This will be a good opportunity to learn cutting edge development technologies such as Angular 8, Node JS API development, Jenkins, Gitlab, and web application development. The developer will join a multi-team, highly collaborative program of about 60 people.
- ACTIVE Top Secret or DHS Public Trust (DHS, CBP, ICE, ext)
- Please note, anyone who does not meet the above requirement will not be qualified to move forward in the hiring process.
- 2+ years professional experience with Python AND Angular.js/ Node.js
- 1+ years experience with CI/CD processes, Docker/ Kubernetes, IDEs, and NoSQL
- Bachelor's degree required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future as clearance needs require US CITIZENSHIP
- Creativity and innovation - desire to learn and apply new technologies, products, and libraries.
- Strong knowledge of best practices - willingness to review code and provide feedback to other engineers
- Experience implementing wireframes with flexible, well-structured code
- Willingness to collaborate with distributed teams
- Comfortable with code versioning tools such as Git
- Comfortable with Jira/ Confluence
How you'll grow:
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.