Ruby on Rails DeveloperNYC, NY (Hybrid)12+ Months Please let me know these all details and send me your updated resume :-Visa :-Expiry Date :-Current location:-Skype ID:-Notice Period :-Year of Graduation:-LinkedIn Profile:- Responsibilities:-Create:
- Write software programs ranging from process automation to interactive Web applications.
- Develop and implement APIs and provide support for all… clients that use API services in aService Oriented Architecture.
- Maintain and make basic improvements and updates to existing projects and systems.
- Perform troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common application problems.
- Debug and analyze best responses to flaws in applications already in production.
- Develop prototypes rapidly for evaluation and validation purposes.
- Create and maintain documentation for systems put into production use.
- Strive to keep all deployed applications simple, elegant, minimal, and maintainable byapplication administrators.
- Participate in reviews of own and others’ software code.
- Quickly become familiar with various business data models (e.g. insurance, customer service,liturgy).Consult:
- Represent the Software Engineering department in meetings with our internal customers andcolleagues.
- Evaluate development tools and languages and make recommendations for incorporatingthose tools into projects.
- Understand CPG’s diverse operating environments, including basic network and webapplications infrastructure and assist in identifying improvements to be made in existingsystems and development practices
- Consult with Infrastructure Group system administrators and network administrators toidentify developers’ needs, and assist in assessing, validating, and improving theseenvironments.
- Keep abreast of current technologies and trends, including mobile web APIsQUALIFICATIONS:
- “Generalist” mindset experienced with utilizing and developing a broad range of systems andtools. Since many different software and hardware environments exist in the company,successful candidates will be extremely agile, rapid learners with a demonstrated diversity ofexperience in Information Technology systems as well as in-depth programming skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills, including comfort with teleconferencing toconduct business with colleagues and clients.
- 6 Years + proven experience with object-oriented programming.
- 6 Years + experience writing applications in Ruby and/or C#.
- 6 Years + experience using Ruby On Rails and/or .Net MVC (Ruby on Rails is preferred).
- Experience with Agile software development practices a plus.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Git, and Jenkins a plus.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows essentials.
- Comfort with most common command line tools.
- Understanding of when to choose between compiled and interpreted languages, and ability touse both language compilers and script interpreters.
- Understanding and ability to perform troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose commonapplication problems, including compiler linkage errors, run-time bottlenecks, multi-threadedrace conditions, and database query optimization.
- Experience with MySQL and/or equivalent database systems.
- Solid understanding of ACID database properties, query isolation levels, and SQL codingpractice to avoid database deadlock scenarios.
- Experience using Apache and/or equivalent web server software.
- Working knowledge of Perl, Bash, PHP, ColdFusion a plus.
- Some experience developing high-performance APIs is a plus.
- Some experience developing in a Service Oriented Architecture is a plus.Objective-C or Swift experience is a major plus, as mobile application development is part ofthe product roadmap.
- User experience with Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X systems.
- Understanding of customary source control practices and procedures in a team environment.(SVN or GIT) EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in software engineering, science, technology, engineering,mathematics or similar field, or combination of equivalent education and experience.
- 6 months+ of programming experience. Best Regards,SomeshEconosoft, IncW:+ EXT: 4411 | F:+ Email: Website:
| YM : somesh_yashco | Gtalk : someshsh