DISH is a Fortune 200 company that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the… fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story. Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Lead the design and implementation of observability systems and tools, ensuring they meet the requirements of the organization.
- Work with cross-functional teams to drive the observability strategy and ensure its alignment with the overall business goals.
- Ensure that observability systems are scalable, secure, and reliable.
- Develop and implement best practices for monitoring, alerting, and response to incidents.
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure that observability is built into the development process.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and advancements in observability technologies.
- Mentor and manage a team of observability engineers (domestic and international).
Skills, Experience And Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in observability, systems engineering, or a related field.
- Exposure to OpenTelemetry and APM solutions like New Relic, DataDog, Grafanna, Prometheus , ElasticSearch etc is a bonus.
- Strong understanding of cloud-based observability technologies and practices.
- Experience leading teams in the design and implementation of observability systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Compensation: $115,500.00/Year - $189,750.00/Year
Compensation And Benefits
We also offer versatile health perks, including flexible spending accounts, HSA, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, career opportunities, and a flexible time away plan; all benefits can be viewed here: DISH Benefits .
The base pay range shown is a guideline. Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, and competencies; compensation is based on the role's location and is subject to change based on work location. Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test and DMV check