DMI is a global professional services company that specializes in digital strategy, design, transformation, and support. More than your basic systems integrator or big-box advisor, we are a new breed of partner that blends human-centric consulting and design with agile engineering, delivery, and global scale. We believe that digital transformation is an end-to-endless evolutionary… process that requires technology solutions and partners that meet organizations where they are. Consultants at the core, DMI has been delivering mission-critical, enterprise grade solutions since 2002 for more than a hundred Fortune 1,000 enterprises, various state and local government agencies and all fifteen U.S. federal departments. DMI has grown to 2,100+ employees globally and has been continually recognized by top industry analysts as well as a Top Workplace in the USA and Remote.
DMInc.com Careers Twitter LinkedIn Facebook
About the Opportunity
DMI is looking for a Ruby Developer to join our team and help us build web-based applications.
Responsibilities include creating back-end solutions, building efficient libraries, integrating front-end components, and some server administration. If you're interested in both getting your hands dirty with writing code from scratch and reviewing other people's work, we'd like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will contribute to all phases of the software development life cycle, from design to deployment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write effective and scalable code in Ruby.
- Build back-end components for web applications.
- Test applications for performance, responsiveness, and security.
- Review and debug junior developers' code.
- Integrate data storage and data processing solutions.
- Build, install and share gems and plugins.
- Create automated test scripts.
- Improve and maintain applications after deployment.
- Coordinate with team members who work on different layers of infrastructure.
- Server administration at a basic level.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5+ years' experience as a Ruby Developer.
Required and Desired Skills/Certifications:
- In-depth understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Expertise writing Ruby code outside the Rails framework.
- Expertise in Rails.
- Understanding of agile software development.
- Familiarity with basic server administration and deployment via Capistrano and Docker.
- Familiarity with AWS and the AWS console.
- Familiarity with automated testing platforms.
- Ability to work independently without relying on significant management oversight.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency in using mobile carrier portals.
- Experience using Telecom Expense Management platforms a plus.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends to deliver projects on time when necessary.
Min Citizenship Status Required:
- United States Citizen
- Physically Located within the United States
- Ability to work in an office environment.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to utilize a keyboard and mouse.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Proficiency in typing, expected minimum of 40 words per minute.
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help meet various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up your DMI wellbeing:
- Community - Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience.
- Development - Annual performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
- Financial - Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
- Recognition - Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness - Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options.
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability. DMI maintains a drug-free workplace.
No Agencies Please
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions