Local Unit & Position Description
EVOLVE Intelligence accelerates the transition towards a carbon-free future through software and analytics.We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer/Sr. Machine Learning Engineer to help us accomplish this mission.The Analytics & Data Science team in DNV – Energy Management's Technology group is a remote-first team. We offer more than just a job; we provide… a community where you can learn, grow, and thrive your way. Join a dynamic and diverse technology team that values relationships and the environment as much as results. Help us create software that empowers utility clean energy customers to combat climate change!
This is a remote position open to any location in the continental United States.
What You'll DoAs Machine Learning Engineer/Sr. Machine Learning Engineer, you will design, develop, and implement innovative machine learning solutions that advance how our utility partners steward clean energy programs. Your solutions will innovate key pathways to decarbonization through energy efficiency, demand response, storage, electric vehicles, and renewable energy technologies. You will solve a variety of problems using techniques such as time series forecasting, anomaly detection, signal processing, classification, probabilistic modeling, natural language processing, and more. Your role is "full stack", and you will own the entire machine learning life cycle - from ideation to production.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, software developers, analytics engineers, and product managers, to translate business requirements into scalable software solutions
- Leverage your creative problem-solving skills to design and develop efficient, accurate, and performant machine learning models and algorithms
- Develop, implement, and optimize data pipelines for preprocessing, feature extraction, and transformation in machine learning workflows
- Operationalize and deploy machine learning models into production environments, ensuring robustness, reliability, and scalability
- Ensure the quality and robustness of production machine learning systems by monitoring key metrics, performing testing, debugging, and troubleshooting
- Champion best practices for versioning, testing, and deployment of machine learning models
- Write clean, efficient, maintainable code and actively engage with team members in code reviews
- Brainstorm with other team members on how to continuously drive the product forward using machine learning, artificial intelligence, mathematical modeling, and classical statistics
- Serve as a mentor and resource to other members of the team
What is Required
- An undergraduate or advanced degree in a quantitative field
- Proven professional experience as a Machine Learning Engineer
- Deep understanding of machine learning concepts, workflows, and frameworks
- Strong proficiency in SQL and Python - Spark and PySpark a major plus
- Professional experience with machine learning frameworks such as PyTorch, Keras, and Scikit-learn
- Knowledge of distributed computing and parallel processing frameworks (we use Apache Spark via the Databricks platform)
- Familiarity with working in Azure to utilize tools and technologies such as Docker, Azure Machine Learning, and Azure DevOps
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git) and familiarity with agile development practices
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Experience working on an agile product team is a bonus
- Someone who is eager to learn new things and is coachable
- Most importantly, this team member should display a positive, team-oriented attitude to match our friendly and enthusiastic work environment!
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
- Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position*What We Offer
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays, personal days)
- Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision benefits
- Spending accounts – FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, company-seeded HSA
- Special programs – Employee Assistance Program, ID theft protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and your family
- Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
*Benefits may vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee electionHow We Do ItWe Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department (email@example.com). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
DNV is proud to announce being named one of Houston's best places to work in the 2022 Houston Business Journal – Best Places to Work competition.
For more information
Read more here
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and New York City Salary Transparency Law, DNV provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado or New York City. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado and New York City, NY only, the range of starting yearly salary for this role is $115,000.00- $155,000.00.Please visit our website at www.dnv.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise, we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions. We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complexes, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system