Our mission at Dragos is to protect the world’s most critical infrastructure from adversaries who wish to do it harm. We help defend industrial organizations that provide us with the tenets of modern civilization: running water, functioning electricity, and safe industrial working environments…
Dragos is seeking an experienced
Software Engineering Manager with a background in building and leading teams who develop microservice architectures, data processing pipelines, and extensible platform components. This role requires deep technical knowledge, excellent leadership skills, and strong business acumen. This person will manage the team responsible for developing and sustaining the backend components of the Dragos Platform. Focus areas include streaming data ingest, streaming detection processing, baseline learning, asset reconciliation, core platform APIs, and platform coordination across sensor/analytic deployments. This position reports to the Senior Director of Engineering responsible for development and operation of the Dragos Platform.
- Mentor Engineering team members, especially their growth in technical expertise and career goals.
- Champion the vision and execution of the backend components of the Dragos Platform.
- Foster a strong technical community by developing close relationships amongst Engineering Leaders.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Product Owners, and Product Delivery Managers.
- Provide technical input/insight during software design, development, testing, and release.
- Ensure support for fielded production deployments.
- 7+ years of experience leading and building technical teams.
- 5+ years of experience developing and/or leading teams developing software
applications with microservice architectures.
- Prior experience as an engineer with software development experience in at
least one of the following programming languages (Kotlin/jvm, Python, Rust, or
similar) and experience operating on the following platforms (Kubernetes, AWS,
- Manager experience with agile cross-functional teams
- Working knowledge of cybersecurity threat detections, threat intelligence, or
- Familiarity with Apache Flink, RabbitMQ, or Hashicorp Vault.
- Comfort occasionally engaging hands-on in development or
- Base Salary: $228,000
- Base + Benefits + Equity = $430,000
Comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K with match)
- Equity at Dragos is quickly growing and the total compensation under-represents the future growth and refresh program. This will be discussed on the first call with the Dragos recruiter.
Dragos is the Industrial Cybersecurity expert on a relentless mission to safeguard civilization. In a world of rising cybersecurity threats, Dragos protects the most critical infrastructure – those that provide us with the tenets of modern civilization – from increasingly capable adversaries who wish to do it harm. Devoted to codifying and sharing our in-depth industry knowledge of ICS/OT systems, Dragos arms industrial defenders around the world with the knowledge and tools to protect their systems as effectively and efficiently as possible. Founded by world-class industrial intelligence experts, Dragos has the industry’s largest team of ICS/OT practitioners who have been on the front lines of the world’s most significant industrial cyber-attacks.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core values at Dragos, and we are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for all. We know that every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions. Not only does a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion focus enrich our environment and teams, but it is also critical to our success as we defend against adversaries all over the world. The broad range of ideas, experiences, and perspectives is critical to our success.
Dragos is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local laws. All new hires must pass a background check as a condition of employment.