Wouldn’t it be great if our working environment—and the tools we use—were designed with people’s actual needs in mind? Imagine if every minute at work were well spent—if we could focus and spend our time on the things that matter…
This is possible, and Dropbox is connecting the dots by designing a more enlightened way of working.
The nearly 3,000 Dropboxers around the world have helped make Dropbox a living workspace - the place where people come together and their ideas come to life. Our 700+ million global users have been some of our best salespeople, and they have helped us acquire customers with incredible efficiency. As a result, we reached a billion dollar revenue run rate faster than any software-as-a-service company in history.
Dropbox is making the dream of a fulfilling and seamless work life a reality. We hope you’ll join us on the journey.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Dropbox's product safety team is responsible for ensuring the products we deliver to our customers are secure by design and free from abuse. Over half a billion users and 300,000 teams trust us to keep their private data safe. To be worthy of this trust, we have a well-staffed team of talented individuals. This opportunity is a good choice if you want to lead a strong and growing team with interesting, high-impact, and varied work.
The goal of the Abuse team is to proactively prevent and dissuade external actors from using Dropbox to harm customers by continually learning and closing down abuse vectors, such as Account Takeover, Fake Account Creation, and the distribution of harmful content through Dropbox.
- This team is an exciting opportunity to combine the fast iteration in an open problem space of a startup with the scale and resources that Dropbox can provide.
- The team has a lot of autonomy to set its direction, so there will be a lot of opportunities to take ownership and grow.
- The team is highly visible to Security’s and the company’s leadership. We have delivered the most impact across the org.
- We are in a heavily building phase. Most of our capabilities are immature, so there is plenty of room for making an impact.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 10+ years total software engineering experience, 2+ years within a security related domain preferred
- Demonstrated track record of driving improvements to a company’s security posture
- Willingness to dive in to problems and document, drive alignment, drive plans and assist with execution
- Strong on analytical capabilities to optimize solutions in a space with a lot of complex moving pieces, variables and constraints
- Ability to mentor team members on having the highest possible impact
- 4 years minimum experience as a Software Engineering Manger
Our Engineering Career Framework is viewable by anyone outside the company and describes what’s expected for our engineers at each of our career levels. Check out our blog post on this topic and more here .
For candidates hired in San Francisco metro, New York City metro, or Seattle metro, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is currently $240,600 - $283,000 - $325,500.
For candidates hired in the following locations: Austin (TX) metro, Chicago metro, California (outside SF metro), Colorado, Connecticut (outside NYC metro), Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York (outside NYC metro), Oregon, Pennsylvania (outside NYC or DC metro), Washington (outside Seattle metro) and Washington DC metro, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is currently $216,500 - $254,700 - $292,900.
For candidates hired in all other US locations, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for this role is currently $192,400 - $226,400 - $260,400.
Range(s) is subject to change. Dropbox takes a number of factors into account when determining individual starting pay, including job and level they are hired into, location/metropolitan area, skillset, and peer compensation. Dropbox uses the zip code of an employee’s remote work location to determine which metropolitan pay range we use.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland