Senior Engineering Manager - Brea, CA
Make Your Mark. Shape Your Future…
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of nearly 60,000 professionals globally who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, CUB CADET, STANLEY and BLACK+DECKER
As an Engineering Manager, you'll be part of our Engineering team working as an onsite employee. You'll get to:
Lead the Manufacturing and Project Engineering team to deliver high quality technical output on time, focusing on accountability, efficiency, and learning; support the site and division strategies and initiatives.
Responsible for creating and maintaining adequate manufacturing procedure and processes; establish and enhance robust machining methods and tooling required for production; maintain accurate manufacturing standards.
Assist management with direct oversight of the manufacturing department's daily operations.
Establish metrics and monitor team productivity; track and develop plans to improve employee utilization and efficiency.
Develop and implement a cross-training plan and maintain workforce skill level to meet business requirements; and conduct employee performance reviews/evaluations and development discussions to ensure professional growth.
Manage the department budget including staffing levels and overtime recommendations.
Lead efforts to identify root cause and instill the culture of problem solving; make appropriate process changes, and implementation of sustainable short/long term corrective and preventive actions; reduce or eliminate recurrence of quality issues and minimize scrap/rework costs
You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. Wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace or System Engineering or related technical field
Six (6) years minimum experience as a Manufacturing Engineer or equivalent role
Three (3) years minimum of manager/leadership experience in a manufacturing setting
Ability to research, compile and analyze data effectively for reports or decision making
Strong working knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean tools and methodologies
Machining, metal-forming or complex assembly experience
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic