Software Engineer (GoLang Engineer)Job Description
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 240+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. With Equinix Metal, customers can… rapidly deploy automated single-tenant infrastructure and interact with 2,100 networks and 3,000+ cloud and service providers. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
At Equinix, we help the world’s digital leaders scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences, and transform people’s lives. Our culture is based on collaboration and the growth and development of our teams.
We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving challenging problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, and try new approaches, as we grow our product portfolio with new software and network architecture solutions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
In this position, you will be a member of a focused team responsible for providing robust and secure APIs with simple, intuitive web portals. You will get to design, implement, deploy highly performant and scalable Edge Infrastructure micro services focused on initiatives targeted to drive growth and customer experience across our Equinix platform. This role can be remote or based in one of our office locations.
- Taking complex requirements and breaking them into small, executable chunks that can be delivered to production iteratively and with the utmost quality
- Deeply caring about technology, your craft and about the success of your teammates and the company. Having strong intrinsic motivators to help drive self-improvement
- Helping drive design and improve our system architecture, making sure components are built in a way that allows for fast feedback loops
- Hands-on development of key features while participating in a culture where you will be a good steward of the solutions you are responsible for
- Actively demonstrating our values to help establish and grow our development culture
- Participate in on-call rotation for the services you own/maintain
- Approximately 3+ years of professional experience developing and deploying production level services
- Approximately 3+ years developing systems and software with clean APIs using gRPC or HTTP protocols
- Experience in a modern coding language like Go and/or Ruby/Rails
- Experience in creating fast feedback loops with CI/CD and testing automation
- Experience with breaking apart a monolith into microservices, including switching languages and/or frameworks
- Very comfortable with containerized deployment in Kubernetes
- Ability to think strategically and execute with a sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills internally and externally
- Strong understanding of RESTful APIs
- Experience with Identity Solutions is a plus
The targeted pay range for this position in the following location is / locations are:
- San Francisco, CA / Bay Area: $128,000 to $211,000
- California (Non-SF/Bay Area), Connecticut, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Washington state: $119,000 to $196,000
- Colorado, Nevada, Rhode Island: $108,000 to $178,000
Our pay ranges reflect the minimum and maximum target for new hire pay for the full-time position determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is based on additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and/or training.
This position may be offered in other locations. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
The targeted pay range listed reflects the base pay only and does not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Employees are eligible for bonus, and equity may be offered depending on the position.
As an employee, you become important to Equinix’s success. To help you achieve professional and personal goals, we provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that include a blend of rewards to attract, motivate, recognize, and retain talented people like you. We offer you key rewards including base pay and incentive pay, benefits for health and wellness, retirement plans for your future, and recognition programs. We’re committed to our employees by providing ongoing dialogue, education and resources that enable you to thrive and make informed decisions at each life stage.
Equinix is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals, including those with a disability. If you need assistance in applying for an open position, you may send an email to Staffing@equinix.com. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and, in the U.S., an Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to unlawful consideration of race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, sex, pregnancy / childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic partnership status, age, veteran or military status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, political / organizational affiliation, status as a victim or family member of a victim of crime or abuse, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability