Expedient Staffing Solutions is hiring a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer for an onsite position in New York, NY. Selected candidate will be required to work onsite in New York, NY from day one.
Position: The Senior Ruby on Rails Developer will have strong experience in ideation, development, and coordination of functional and non-functional requirements for large business process re-engineering… programs and software application development projects to design and develop complex workflows to be integrated into an existing traffic sign management application.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience with writing application software, data analysis, data access, data structures, data manipulation, databases, programming, testing and implementation, technical and user documentation, software conversions; environments include but are not limited to mainframe, mid-range, personal computers, laptop; available to assist and/or lead in the design of program specifications and the implementation of software solutions.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent, in a technology related field.
- 3-6 years of total experience in object-oriented design, development, testing and deployment of mission critical business applications, and on web/client-server environments.
- Experience in build and integration with RESTful and JSON APIs.
- Experience with configuration management, continuous integration, version control, testing and document management with Open-Source tools such as GIT/GITHUB, RSpec, BlazeMeter and Jira.
- Must be flexible and willing to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks.
- Experience in all phases of SDLC and standard SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall, RUP, Agile/SCRUM to deliver client solutions.
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication, presentation and leadership skills.
��� Team player who can establish excellent working relationships with peers and other teams.
- Ability to understand business requirements and estimate for delivery commitments.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Applications.
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
- Perform detailed application design, database design, coding and unit/ integration/ performance testing.
- Maintain/upgrade Open-Source tools/libraries/environments to mitigate security vulnerabilities and library deprecation.
- Develop/integrate Geographic Information System (GIS)-based services based on ESRI, Google, MapBox, and Open-Source GIS solutions.
- Build and integrate with RESTful and JSON APIs.
- Perform configuration management, continuous integration, version control, unit and performance testing and document management with Open-Source tools such as GIT/GITHUB, RSpec, BlazeMeter, Jira.
- Knowledge and use of DevOps technology such as Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, and DataDog.
- Understand release management and maintain GITFlow workflow.
�� Refactor code for performance and security issues.
- Build secure web applications with user authentication and role-based access control.
- Be responsible for technical quality of the implemented code base and fully understand the implemented design.
- Understand and follow Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes in a structured environment, including Waterfall, RUP, and Agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, and SSRS.
- Work closely with architects, senior developers, business analysts and development teams for design, development, testing, implementation, and support of application projects.
- Participate in software testing process, including identification and resolution of defects.
- Participate in and contribute to formal/informal technical reviews and presentations.
- Explore new ideas and initiatives that encourage innovation.
- Take inputs from reporting manager(s) and appropriately apply comments/ feedback.
- Accurately estimate time required to complete development tasks.
- Collaborate with diverse teams.
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
- Proactively initiate, develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
Job Types: Full-time contract
Pay: $63.00 - $72.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
Work Location: One location