At Extra Space Storage, if it matters to you, it matters to us!
Extra Space Storage is hiring a Software Engineering Manager to be responsible for developing and maintaining Point of Sale Systems. Our responsibility is to provide 4000+ Extra Space Storage employees with applications to perform their daily duties…
The primary responsibility of the Manager of Software Engineering at Extra Space Storage is to lead engineering teams in building software products that add value for our customers and our business. Managers succeed in this responsibility through supporting people in their professional and career growth, by providing team direction on short- to mid-term time spans, and by sharing and expanding personal and team expertise in technical domains. They model our company values of Innovation, Excellence, Integrity, Passion, and Teamwork.
This role will typically have between seven and ten direct reports including Software and Quality Engineers (full time and near shore). Managers also work closely with Product Managers, Product Analysts, and other technical and business stakeholders.
The engineering team is working on migrating the AngularJS application to React.
This is a hybrid position.
- Providing Direction: Facilitate technical decisions, engage relevant contributors and stakeholders, measure and communicate status from daily to quarterly time frames.
- Domain Expertise: Hold and share relevant technical expertise, increase team capabilities in domains such as maintainability, scalability, and quality. Apply understanding of business processes to improve product delivery.
- Value Delivery: Focus team effort on objectives and key results as established by business leaders, select and improve software delivery processes.
- Growing People: Hold purposeful one-on-one conversations with direct reports and facilitate their skill growth. Recruit and retain employees.
The engineers reporting to this manager use the following technologies. Managers need general knowledge of these tools, but their technical expertise may be in other areas:
- AngularJS migrating to React
- CI/CD using TeamCity, Octopus
Education and Experience
- 4+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 1+ year of leadership experience with direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
Why Extra Space Storage?
- Well-defined career paths
- Great work/life balance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long-Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and snacks all day every day and much, much more!
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.