- Under limited supervision provides expertise and leadership at the enterprise level related to vast quantities of data, enterprise analytics, statistical modeling, and artificial intelligence (AI)/machine learning (ML) initiatives
- Uses expert knowledge of data on customers, consumers, economy, external demand drivers, market, and competition (structured and unstructured) and internal business… processes to develop analytical solutions to relatively less well-defined and highly complex business problems
- Creates and executes solutions from initial concept to fully tested production and communicates results to a broad range of audiences
- Provides thought leadership and leads cross-functional teams in advanced descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive modeling, advanced statistical analysis, and other quantitative analysis of complex business situations
- Makes advanced use of current and emerging technologies to evaluate trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations to business partners and management
- Makes advanced use of data, statistical and quantitative analysis, explanatory and high-complexity predictive modeling, and fact-based management to drive decision-making
- Leads cross functional projects and programs, formally preparing and presenting to management
- Provides consultation to management on a regular basis
- Routinely works on multiple complex assignments concurrently
- Mentors less senior staff
Skills/Experience/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
- Econometrics, Statistics, Economics, SAS, Linux/Unix, Python, Data Science, Machine Learning, and Business Forecasting and Planning
- Additional Information: Assists in synthesizing analytical views from various business dimensions in support of business decisions based on business plans, actual or forecast enterprise performance, products, channels, automation types, industry, competition, market and customer segments
- Determines go-to-market tactics related to specific target customers, markets and products in term of marketing communication and sales calls
- The employee is expected to develop useful and insightful information using rigorous advanced analytical approaches and a variety of data sources using the computer skills (Python Programming, SAS, Unix, SQL, Azure Cloud computing, etc.) in job functions such as: Data Engineering: Data extraction/querying
- Write/modify queries to extract data from internal/external databases in various environments such as mainframe, UNIX, Oracle, Teradata, SAS, Python, Azure tool set
- Transferring of data between various environments
- Data wrangling and feature engineering: Data validation and methodology development: evaluate data quality
- Develop advanced methodologies and optimization approaches perform functions including data cleansing, formatting, merging Data processing and analysis: use tools such as Azure or Python or SAS or SQL, perform functions synthesizing, advanced statistical analysis and machine learning (such as linear regression, logistic regression, ANOVA, chi-square, f-test, t-test, principal components, factor analysis etc.) predictive modeling and data mining techniques to fully understand customer behavior and preferences
- Generating business insight: analyze/research data and get actionable insights with business acumen to explore patterns and trends
- Detect and identify anomalies, investigate and interpret findings to gain business intelligence and insight
- Analytic reporting and storytelling: summarize data to produce reports and deliverables that provide actionable insight and recommendations to support key organizational strategies
- New/advanced approaches: generate new advanced quantitative, scientific and statistical approaches to business analysis related to customer analysis, market analysis and forecasting in support of the enterprise’s global strategies
- Research new data sources and tools to enhance productivity and statistical modeling capabilities
- This position will be remote.
- Desired location for this position would be Collierville, TN, Harrison, AR, Plano, TX, Brookfield, WI, and Pittsburg, PA, however, this position may be located anywhere within the United States.
- Relocation assistance may be available based upon business needs.
- Master's degree in data science, analytics, business, mathematics, economics, computer science or other quantitative fields such as engineering/operations research.
- Three (3) years work experience in data science, analytics, business, mathematics, economics, computer science, or other quantitative fields such as engineering/operations research, in an analytical, quantitative, or technical role.
- Two (2) years of experience or coursework with the following skills (skills can be gained concurrently with education): computer-aided decision support (utilize computer programs or packages to analyze data and support business decisions), or any analytical/modeling language (e.g. Python, R, SAS, or SQL), and data visualization tools like Tableau, PowerBI, Spotfire, etc.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and communication skills.
- Directly related advanced degrees may offset experience requirements.
Additional InformationUpload current copy of Resume (Microsoft Word or PDF format only) and answer job screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00pm CST) on the date below. If the date below is blank, there is no specified closing date for this requisition.
Job Posting End Date: 08-10-2023
The incumbent for this positions will be part of the International Express Forecasting team in Corporate Strategy and Market Analytics department and this job role will include:
- Develop deep understanding of FedEx product portfolio, business profile, history, and stay aligned with corporate strategies, and forecast needs
- Collaborate with mega regions to develop International Express short-term business planning and medium term strategic outlook
- Stay on top of relevant market trends, competitive activities, market demand/capacities, world economy, international trade, Pricing strategies, Marketing/Sales/Operation strategies, customer trends and incorporate insights into the forecasting methods for improved strategic planning and decision making
- Apply advanced analytical methods (Econometrics/Statistics/AI/DSML) and programming languages (SAS on Linux, Python and other) to develop/improve large scale forecasting models for FedEx product portfolio
- Provide timely forecast update on business performance and support various needs for operation and business decisions
- Develop forecast/plan reporting utilities and infrastructure to support reviews with executives and related business units in FedEx mega regions
- Continuously improve revenue plan process and pushing for forecasting transformation, acquiring and aligning forecasting/planning assumptions and parameters for worldwide regions/countries related to regional strategies, and various assumptions
- Collaborate with regional/functional stakeholders for seamless alignment in the end-to-end planning processes
- Providing ad hoc executive support related to Guess forecast, earnings release, yield decomposition/analysis, and peak season forecast/performance
FedEx. Where now meets next.
Our vision is to be the earth's most engaged advocates of connected commerce where open borders, new markets and fair, sustainable practices are the norm for the billions of personal supply chains being managed every day in our always on, mobile-first world. We stand for ease, access and opportunity. We lead purposeful innovation, champion entrepreneurs, advocate free trade and empower humans and their place in the era of autonomy and AI. We fight for our customers, a more sustainable planet and an ethical playing field.
FedEx inspires its more than 530,000 employees to remain focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. FedEx is committed to connecting people and possibilities around the world responsibly and resourcefully, with a goal to achieve carbon-neutral operations by 2040.
FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer:
- FORTUNE Magazine: No. 18 among “World’s Most Admired Companies” (2023)
- Newsweek Magazine: One of “America’s Most Responsible Companies” (2023)
- Forbes Magazine: One of “Americas Best Large Employers” (2023)
- Newsweek Magazine: One of "America’s Greatest Work Places for Diversity" (2023)
- FORTUNE Magazine: One ofthe “Blue Ribbon Companies” that appears on 4+ Fortune Annual Award Rankings (2023)
- FreightWaves: #1 Among the “Top 500 For-Hire Carriers” (2023)
- FreightWaves:Freight-Tech 25 Award, honoring innovation and disruption within the freight industry (2023)
FedEx Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics disability, or protected Veteran status.
FedEx Services does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to job application procedures, hiring, and other terms and conditions of employment. Further, FedEx Services is prepared to make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee to enable the applicant or employee to be considered for the desired position, to perform the essential functions of the position in question, or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment as are enjoyed by other similarly situated employees without disabilities, unless the accommodation will impose an undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org