Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
The mission of the Figma Security team is to help Figmates ship the most secure… product to our users. We identify and drive impactful projects to improve the security of Figma's product, platform, and our IT systems. We partner closely with teams across the company and focus on systemic security improvements and risk reduction. Engineering is a core part of our toolkit; we frequently build high leverage technical solutions to tackle security problems at scale.
As an Engineering Manager supporting the Security team, you will lead a world-class group of engineers to build systems and solutions to protect Figma and our users. You will forge partnerships with other teams across Figma to continuously improve security while sustaining developer velocity. You will help build a culture where our partners thoughtfully bake in security and privacy from the ground up as we collaborate to solve user needs. This role is a good fit for you if you are are passionate about supporting security and privacy through strong technical and security fundamentals, enjoy collaborating with cross-functional partners, and believe that improving security while enabling Figma to move quickly goes hand-in-hand.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Manage, support and grow a talented team of security engineers who build systems to protect Figma and our users.
- Partner with product and engineering leadership to design, build, and ship secure products and features.
- Establish trust within and across teams by creating accountability and a positive work environment in partnership with other leaders in the organization.
- Grow your career in an engaged and creative engineering community.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 1+ years of experience managing high output security engineering teams
- Proven track record of building and scaling high quality security engineering teams and programs in high growth environments
- Technical aptitude with security fundamentals and how they apply to complex systems at scale
- A desire to build an inclusive and diverse culture
- A passion and unwavering commitment to improving security and privacy
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team
- Inside Figma: getting out of the (secure) shell
- Inside Figma: securing internal web apps
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- A new collaboration with Adobe
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.