Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
We are FIS. Our technology powers the world’s economy and our teams bring innovation to life. We champion diversity to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients and communities. If you’re ready to start learning, growing and making an impact with a career in fintech, we’d like to know: Are you FIS?
About the team:
Pazien, a wholly owned subsidiary of FIS. We are building a payments reporting and analytics platform focused on simplification and data transparency. Our work environment is highly collaborative; we work together as a team to understand customer needs and to deliver an outstanding product.
About the role:
The Pazien engineering team is seeking a Software Engineer who can build out our product platform. The platform encompasses all data acquisition, data pipeline, and all API’s. You’ll be joining a small team working on expanding a new reporting and analytics product to drastically simplify the payments ecosystem for ecommerce merchants.
What you will be doing:
- Designing, programming, debugging and modifying software enhancements.
- Interacting with product managers and users to define requirements and modifications.
- Participating in software design meetings to determine technical requirements.
- Working with internal Client Training, Client Relationship and Sales teams.
What you will need:
Bachelor’s in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of professional development experience
- Expert knowledge of Python 3
- Strong experience with at least one database, SQL or Nosql
- Strong experience writing both functional and unit tests, experience with mocking a big plus
- Experience writing scalable backend services that have run in a production setting
- Experience reviewing and critiquing code of others
- Proficiency in a Unix environment (We run on Ubuntu in AWS)
- Ability to grasp business goals and translate them into effective technical solutions
- Thrive in a small team environment; you must be self motivated
- A passion for technology, building, and software development methodologies
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience handling large quantities of data
- Experience with nosql (We use MongoDB)
- Familiarity with test-driven development and continuous integration (Grunt/Git/Jenkins)
What we offer you:
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It’s the change to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
- A voice in the future of fintech
- Always-on learning and development
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to give back
- Competitive salary and benefits
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.