What We Need
FLEETCOR is currently looking to hire an Engineering Manager within our payment division. This position falls under our Corpay line of business and is located in Portland, OR. This role is responsible for management and work of a development team (developers, architect, quality assurance and site reliability engineer) at Corpay. The primary focus of this group is internal tools to… improve the efficiency of our operations groups maintaining the day-to-day business.Main responsibilities include team management, workflow design and management and collaborating with product managers, clients requesting customizations and other teams on process, needs, strategy and work. This position requires a deep understanding of our product capabilities, customer’s needs, process, and technology; it drives the operation and development of our products through team work on infrastructure, product enhancements, customer integrations or new product development. The Engineering Manager must have a solid understanding of the Microsoft technology stack and exceptional communication, collaboration, and development skills.
How We Work
As an Engineering Manager you will be expected to work in a virtual environment. FLEETCOR will set you up for success by providing:
- Assigned workspace in Portland, OR and also a home office set up
- Company-issued equipment + remote access
- Formal, hands-on training
Manage and develop an engineering team, including:
- Providing leadership, technical expertise, and career development for team members.
- Ensuring highest levels of job satisfaction by setting goals, job expectations, responsibilities, and targets.
- Ensuring team is involved in process identification and changes, participating in actively learning and meeting roadmap and project goals.
- Establishing and tracking agile process, planning, milestones, and deployment to ensure departmental success.
- Having technical discussions with team members to agree on product scope and delivery schedules.
- Track delivery schedule and related dependencies
- Partnering with Product, Operations and Sales on product or service modifications or improvements.
- Consult with internal and external customers about project design, process and needs.
- Determine performance standards and work with project managers to select milestones for phasing.
- Confer with various groups to design project and to obtain information on needs, limitations and capabilities, related projects, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and strategy constraints.
- Other projects, collaboration with other departments and stakeholders and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/related field or equivalent experience
- Eight+ years’ overall experience in software development technologies
- 5+ years of Hands-on experience designing, developing, testing, and maintaining complex frontend applications
- Understands AGILE and CICD (continual integration and continual development)
- Familiarity with .NET C# development
- Experience working with Cloud Application Development (MS SQL Server, SQL Azure, and Azure Storage or comparable technologies)
- Experience with .Net Core ASP.Net Web Apis, Hosted Services, and Azure Functions
- Experience with Containerized Computing (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience with Git and use of GitFlow or GitHubFlow
- Experience leading development team who will be interfacing with REST APIs (Swagger, consuming and providing REST APIs for internal / external clients etc.)
- Strong familiarity with Microservice-based application architecture
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits available the 1 st month after hire
- Automatic enrollment into our 401k plan (subject to eligibility requirements)
- Virtual fitness classes offered company-wide
- Robust PTO offerings including: major holidays, vacation, sick, personal, & volunteer time
- Employee discounts with major providers (i.e. wireless, gym, car rental, etc.)
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
- Fun culture with company-wide contests and prizes
Our Company & Purpose
FLEETCOR is a global leader in business payments, laser focused on developing smarter ways for businesses to pay their expenses. Since 2000, FLEETCOR has developed innovative digital solutions that help businesses better track, manage, and pay their expenses. Today, FLEETCOR is an S&P 500 company with hundreds of thousands of customers using our products in over 100 countries. Companies of all sizes, industries and geographies rely on our product portfolio to manage spending more quickly, efficiently and securely than ever before.
We embrace a culture grounded in five key values: integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. These values offer you the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ through career development, volunteer, community, and wellness initiatives. This allows you to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
FLEETCOR is also committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, equality, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” as FLEETCOR and its more than 8,000 employees continue to shape the future of global payments. Learn more by visiting www.FLEETCOR.com or following FLEETCOR on LinkedIn .
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity and pay transparency, please click the following links: EEO and Pay Transparency