Job Description Summary
The Project Engineering Manager leads a team of professional Project Engineers who direct and coordinate the engineering scope of assigned projects, including all technical aspects of the contract. They will also supervise Project Engineers in the technical interface between all parties involved in assigned projects including engineering along with customers, partners, and… subcontractors.
Essential Responsibilities :
As the Project Engineering Manager, you will:
- Work to advocate the discipline of Project Engineering by establishing appropriate roles and responsibilities and boundaries for the
- Work closely with project directors and engineering managers to drive project performance as well as mentor and train project engineers in common processes and best practices.
- Develop a talent pipeline to increase project engineering expertise ensuring our capability to meet changing demands from various product offerings while driving increased project management rigor Perform strategic planning in coordination with other functional managers to meet expected future business needs
- Presents product/program strategies, technical roadmaps, risks and recommendations to senior leads (EB and SEB) across GEH
- Work as a Project Engineer where needed and therefore this is a working leader role
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum 1 year of Nuclear Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Project Engineering, Design Engineering or Project Management.
Desired Characteristics :
- Strong interpersonal and demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve complex problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects
- Established project engineering skills on large nuclear projects with a diverse set of disciplines
- PMP Certification desired
Additional Eligibility Qualifications :
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
The salary range for this position is $126.1K - $165K. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a performance bonus.
Available health and welfare benefits include healthcare, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage; savings account options (such as a Health Care Flexible Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account); and an employee assistance program. Additional benefits include a defined contribution 401(k) plan, employee life insurance, optional dependent life insurance, employee accidental death or dismemberment insurance coverage, salary continuance program benefits for disability, optional long-term disability, pre-tax transportation/commuter program, paid holidays, paid time off, parental leave, a layoff plan for salaried employees, tuition reimbursement program, use of Cariloop, adoption assistance, optional identity theft prevention insurance, optional personal legal assistance, and optional personal excess liability insurance.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No